Chapter 1 part 1

Woodhurst, Pennsylvania

"And then they fake your death!" Alexis exclaimed to Devin. They sat on somebody's grave in their hometown Woodhurst. They were at the only graveyard in Woodhurst. It was a small town, and most people worked at the Hurst Lab, a government facility. Coincidently, most people died there too.

"For once our theories actually make sense," Devin gasped. They laughed a little and then went on writing their theories. Alexis brought her computer with her, they wrote all of their crazy theories on it. "We should head back now, it's almost 1:00 a.m, my mom might barge into my room," Devin worried.

"At least your mom cares about your well being, I could sneak out like this every night and she wouldn't even notice!" Alexis ranted. They gathered up their stuff and headed to their treehouse deep in the woods.

Once they reached the treehouse Devin untied Simba, the little brown chihuahua that only Alexis and Devin knew about. They found him as a stray running around the woods. Just like simba, nobody knew about their treehouse either. It took them two years to finally get it finished.

Devin gathered up her stuff from the treehouse, and before she left she double checked if the secret exit was locked. It was.

"Are you ready?" Alexis called up to Devin. Devin didn't answer. Alexis threw a rock at the door. "Deeeeviiiiin!" She called again, "Come on it's a long walk."

Devin opened the door and climbed down. "It's only five minutes."

"Yeah, five minutes in the dark woods!" Alexis retorted. "Did you put Simba up there?" she asked. Devin pointed to simba's post where he was tied during the day. He was not there. Devin sighed and they started to walk to their houses. Alexis snuck through her bedroom window, Devin snuck through her own. Alexis opened her closet, and her black cat Boo Boo waltzed out.

"H,i Boo Boo, whatcha doing in there?" Boo Boo stared at her with his big green eyes. He looked at her with an angry expression and walked under the bed. "Oh why does he hate me?" Alexis asked herself. She changed into her PJs and was about to watch some Youtube when she heard a car outside. She looked out her window and saw a car, but the driver's seat was on the right instead of the left. The person in the car stared at her. She shut her blinds and facetimed Devin.

"You know the british theory?" Alexis asked Devin. Devin gave Alexis a puzzled look.

"Which British theory? The cars or Queen Elizabeth?" Devin asked.

"The cars! The car and the guy we talked about is in front of my house right now!" Alexis croaked. Devin ran up to her window and saw the car across the street, right in front of Alexis' house. Alexis was about to say more when she noticed the mic. recording light on her computer. Someone had been listening to all of their theories about the government, and if their theories were right, it was the government themselves. They had said a lot of stuff, and what if it was true? Alexis was about to say something when Devin's mom walked in.

"There is a lot going on at the hospital tonight, so I'm going in. I won't be here tomorrow morning, so I want you to get some sleep for school tomorrow. Bye!' She was gone as soon as she arrived.

"Wel,l I guess I'm going to bed. Goodnight Alexis," Devin muttered. She clearly didn't want to go to bed.

"N-night I'll see you tomorrow," Alexis said, winking.

"Why are you w-" Alexis slammed her computer shut before Devin could finish her sentence. She packed a bag and ran over to Devin's house. She climbed up to her window and knocked. Devin quickly got up and opened the window.

"What are you doing here!" she hissed. She helped Alexis through the window and into her room.

"The government- they're watching! Listening!" Alexis blabbered. She explained everything to Devin. Devin looked at Alexis in fear. "I know. Weird. I just can't believe one of our theories was right! This is a big breakthrough for us," Alexis chirped.

"Oh boy, okay. My mom is gone and my dad is still in Jersey, so you spend the night here, okay?" Devin told her. Alexis nodded her head and looked around Devin's room for electronics. She put a piece of tape over Devin's phone and computer camera. She took them into the bathroom and locked them in the closet.

"When this all blows over, we'll take them out," Alexis confirmed. "I left mine in my house."

They both got ready for bed and went to sleep.

A/N- I hope you enjoyed this and hopefully next week we can get the other part up :))