Chapter 7

Ulster, New York

"Chris, what happened to you? Why are you covered in blood?" Alexis asked as Chris, Axel, and Hannah walked through the door. Chris didn't say a word, he just kept his head low and walked into his room. Devin notices the collar in his hand.

"Where is Mu Mu?" Devin asked Axel.

Axel hesitated for a moment. "He...he got run over. That's that."

"Oh god, I'm gonna go talk to him," Alexis said, starting to walk towards their room.

"I think he'll be better off alone," Devin said.

"I guess you're right," Alexis sighed. "Now what do we do?"

"I got a bunch of stuff, including food, so let's dig in," Hannah bubbled. They opened up the overflowing bag of items. Axel pulled out a giant knife and pulled off the cover. He examined the knife and put it back in the cover and onto his belt. "Wow, you didn't even ask, good sir," Hannah snapped. Axel rolled his eyes, grabbed some chips and went into Chris' room.

"Ooh, you got cookies," Alexis grinned. She took the pack of chocolate chip cookies, Devin took the peanut butter cookies.

"Well, even though Axel was RUDE and didn't even ask, he had the right idea. Everyone take a weapon," Hannah said. By now Jax, Colby, and Mils were gathered around the loot. Jax immediately grabbed the pistol and ammo, Devin took the dagger, Alexis took the bat with nails in it, Colby grabbed some pepper spray, and Mils politely refused taking a weapon.

"Where in the world did you get all this, Hannah?" Jax marveled.

"I have my ways," Hannah shrugged. Loki came up to the bag and sniffed around. "Don't worry, my dude, I got something for you, too." Hannah pulled out a collar identical to Mu Mu's, except it was bigger and the tag said Loki. "They were supposed to be matching, but I guess that's not gonna happen," She sighed. Colby took the collar from Hannah and placed it on Loki. He looked pretty dapper. Colby rustled through the bag and found some dog food, Loki ate it all right away.

"What's that smell?" Devin asked. Everyone sniffed the air.

Alexis looked at Devin with wide eyes. "That smells like a-"

"Skunk! Oh god, where is it?" Mils asked. Then they heard a scream. It sounded like Chris--- and Axel. "Where's Axel?" Mils worried.

"There's a skunk in Chris' room!" Axel ran out of Chris' room, Chris trailing close behind.

"IT GOT IN MY MOUTH!" Chris shrieked. Chris ran into the bathroom and dunked his head into

the drinking water bucket. He drank huge gulps of water, but it was soon tainted by his skunky mouth. He spit the water out on the floor and then threw up.

"Gimeh thonthin thoo eat!" Chris hollered with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. Alexis threw her cookies at him, he ate them right away.

"Everyone get your things, we are leaving," Jax commanded.

"What!? Already? We got here like, I dunno, eight hours ago, right? We can just avoid the skunk, let's just stay here," Axel pleaded.

"Dude, look at them," Jax said pointing to Colby, Devin, Alexis, and Hannah trying to get their stuff from the skunk room without getting sprayed. Then he pointed to Chris who was pouring soap into his mouth. "I don't think we can stay, or at least they can't," Axel muttered something under his breath and went to get his stuff.

Once everyone's things were gathered once again, everyone met outside the house. "Okay, where should we go?" Jax asked.

"Thomathoe thoup," Chris said, he was drooling everywhere.

"Chris put your tongue in your mouth," Alexis hissed. Chris spat on the ground.

"Not taday thatan."

"What is he even saying?" Jax questioned.

"I dunno, but he wants some tomato soup since it'll get the skunk out of his mouth," Alexis said. Chris was lucky, even though he got sprayed, it was only in his mouth. Directly in his mouth. It was nowhere else on his body, so he only had bad breath. Who knows how he managed that. "Anyways, as for where to go, we should go to Canada. We'd be away from American government, and Devin's grandma lives southern Canada, so she's pretty close to the border of New York and Canada." Alexis pulled a map out of her pocket.

"If we are in Ulster, then we just need to keep heading north and once we get to Clinton, we'll practically be in Quebec." Alexis folded the map back up and shoved it in her pocket. "Is your grandma French?" Alexis asked.

"Oh I don't know. I never met her," Devin shrugged.

"You expect an old lady you've never met to let eight fugitive kids and a dog live in her house?"

"I mean we're related. And for all we know she could be dead. Free house."

"That's not how it works," Colby mumbled.

"It's at least worth a try. It's not like we have anything better to do," Jax said. "We'll just keep going until we reach Canada. We'll take some stops on the way through. Give me that map." Alexis handed Jax the map. "It should only take about three hours, maybe three and a half with traffic, so let's go."

They got onto the bikes, same as last time, but there was one thing that none of them knew. The cop that had pulled them over had been very aware of who they were. The only thing different from last time they all rode the bikes was that now there were trackers on them.