Chapter 5

Rockland, New York

"Can either of you ride a motorcycle?" Hannah asked. They gave Hannah a blank stare. "I'll take that as a no. You guys can hop on the back." They all piled onto the motorcycle and drove into town. They stopped at a small pet shop that didn't have many people in it.

"Why did you want to come here?" Hannah asked.

"Chris brought his cat along and he'll need some supplies for it," Alexis said. "I have no idea why he thought that was a good idea." They headed into the store and looked around.

"He'll probably need a bowl, some food, and a couple of toys," Devin said. As they were looking around and noticed Hannah was gone. "Where's Hannah?" Devin asked.

"Hannah?" Alexis called out.

"Shhh!" Hannah hissed. She had come from the other isle. "There is a wanted poster with YOUR faces on it above the register, we need to leave."

"How'd they get those posters up so quick?" Alexis wondered. Hannah grabbed Alexis and Devin and brought them to the door.

"Cover your faces," She whispered. Just as they were walking out, Devin tripped over her own feet. The guy at the register looked down at them as Devin scrambled to her feet.

"Wait a minute," he said under his breath. He looked at the poster, then the girls quickly leaving the store. "Get back here!" he yelled. Alexis, Devin, and Hannah stumbled on to the motorcycle and sped back to camp.

"We have to leave, like right now!" Hannah croaked.

"What?!" Jax hissed. "What happened? What did you do!" Chris and Axel came in from the other room, Mu Mu in Chris' arms.

"Well, we went to the pet store an-"

"Did you get Mu Mu anything?!" Chris beamed. Hannah threw a can of cat food and a toy mouse at Chris.

"Anyways, we went to the store and there was a wanted poster of Alexis and Devin. Just as we were about to get out this clutz tripped and got us caught," Hannah said pointing at Devin.

"Ok. I see. Colby! Mils!" Jax yelled. "Pack your stuff we are leaving!"

"Why!" Mils hollered from upstairs.

"Because I said so!" Jaxed replied. Everyone left the room and packed up their things. Chris put Mu Mu in his crate and Alexis and Devin grabbed the few things they had. After two minutes they all gathered by the backdoor.

"How are we all going to fit on two motorcycles? There's eight of us!" Colby croaked. Jax analyzed the situation. His eyes locked on the baskets on the motorcycles. They were relatively big bikes, but only three people maximum could fit on the seats.

"Okay," Jax said, "two of you will sit in the baskets. Who's the smallest here?" Everyone looked at Chris. He was definitely the shortest among them all.

"Is it because I'm b-"

"Chris!" Alexis yelled. "You are by far the shortest so get in the basket."

"Hey, I'm only, like, two inches shorter than you," Chris said pointing to Alexis. Alexis and Chris got into the baskets. Devin, Colby, and Hannah got on Alexis' bike and Jax, Axel, and Mils got on the other.

"It's gonna be a tight fit, but you gotta keep Loki on your lap," Colby told Alexis. Alexis let Loki sit on her. He was so heavy she could barely breathe. Everyone else could barely fit on the cycles because of all the things they brought, even though it wasn't much.

"Okay, just follow me, Hannah," Jax said. They took off. At first, it was hard to stay on the bike, but they eventually got used to the tight space.

"Colby," Hannah yelled, "can you hand me the thing, it's in the green bag!"

"What thing!" Colby asked.

"You know, the communication thing!"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Chris yelled from across the lane. They were on a highway and could barely hear each other. Colby handed Hannah a headset, she struggled to put it on while trying to drive at the same time.

"Jax?" Hannah asked.

"Finally!" Jax scoffed. "You should really put that on sooner in case there was an emergency."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, where are we even going?"

"I was thinking about heading up to Ulster. It's two counties up, and it's filled with woods," Jax suggested. Alexis looked over at the cars next to them. Almost every car they past glared at them. Who wouldn't stare at eight kids on two motorcycles, one with a dog twice their size, another with a cat? After one long hour, they made it to Orange County.

"Jax, you guys need gas?" Hannah asked.

"Yeah," Jax replied, "we should stop up here," he said pointing to a gas station up ahead. They pulled up and stopped two stretches out. Colby took Loki to use the bathroom, Devin, Chris and, Alexis went to get some snacks and the rest stayed at the gas pump.

"So how was the basket, it looked comfy," Devin joked.

"I can barely feel my legs because of Loki," Alexis muttered, "but I think he likes me"

"Mu Mu enjoyed feeling the wind in his fur," Chris said while holding Mu Mu in the air.

"Chris put that away, the clerk is already staring at you," Alexis hissed. They continued looking around the store. They picked out some snacks for everyone and walked back over to the gang. They handed out snacks and went on their way.

"aRe wE aLmOsT ThEre?!" Chris complained.

"Dude we left the gas station like, five minutes ago," Axel said. Chris sighed and continued playing with Mu Mu.

"Why does Chris have Mu Mu out of his crate? That's really dangero- are those sirens?!" Devin croaked. Hannah looked in the mirror and saw the cop behind them. Jax was already pulling over. She followed his lead.

"License and registrations-- both of you," the officer said. Hannah and Jax dug through the bags to find their licenses that they hadn't used since they ran away.

"Is there an adult here?" The cop questioned. Everyone stared at Colby. Jax kicked his leg out of the officer's view. He looked the most like an adult out of all the teens.

"Yes," Colby said awfully calm for the situation, "I was supervising these kiddos, they really wanted to try out the new bikes my wife and I got."

"Can I have your license, sir?"

"I- uh... don't have it. Yes. I don't have it because I'm not driving," Colby said. He, unlike the others, ran away before he got his license.

"Are you aware that it is illegal to have a passenger in the storage compartment of a two-wheeled vehicle, especially with a huge dog sitting on said person's lap?" the cop asked.

"What?" Alexis piped up. "I was NEVER informed of this, and neither was my father. Isn't that right dad?" she asked Colby.

"Yes, that is correct. In the paperwork for these vehicles there was nothing about dogs and people not being allowed in the baskets," Colby lied.

The cop raised a brow at them and went over to his car, still holding Jax and Hannah's license.

"Wait here"

"Go go go!" Jax hissed. They sped away, passing all the cars in their path. After three hours, they made it to Ulster.