Chapter 8

Ustler, New York

Going through Ustler, New York they come to a stop to get some food. The motorcycles were placed on the side of the street, still, no one knew the discreet trackers placed carefully on their sides.

"Ok, we have to make this quick," Jax commanded while walking into the store and getting a bag of Doritos. Everyone went into the store but Chris, who was sitting on the motorcycle looking down at Mu Mu's leash in his hand.

"Hey, Chris are you coming?" Alexis asks. He doesn't respond, so she went up to him. "Chris, I know it might be hard for you, losing a pet bu-,"

"What do you know about hurting like this! Jus-jus-just STOP trying to help me!" Chris screams. Tears start to run down his cheek, he doesn't look up he just sits there and stares at the leash.

"Chris WHAT IS WRONG?! WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME?!" Alexis yells while taking a deep sigh, "Listen, Chris, I just wanted to help," she continues.

"WELL, I DON'T NEED IT, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Chris exclaims jumping off the motorcycle with Mu Mu's collar in his hands going into the store. Devin walked out of the store and came up to Alexis.

"What's up with him?" Devin asked.

"He's trying to hide his emotions, but that didn't go too well for him," Alexis sighed.

"Oh."

"Yeah, he kinda just exploded."

"Should we go into the store?" Devin asked.

"No, let's just leave him alone," Alexis said.

"I mean I kinda just wanted some snacks..."

It was around 8:00 pm when they arrived in northern Clinton. They were ten minutes away from the border.

"I can't believe it. We are almost there. I don't know why we never thought of leaving America, we've just been too focused on running," Jax exclaimed.

"Well, I've mentioned it but you were too stubborn because we had a nice house at the time," Hannah interjected over the headset.

Eight minutes from the border.

"Yo, look it's three black cars, how terrifying!" Devin said sarcastically. Alexis and Chris laughed.

"Oh no, we better get away!" Alexis played along. Devin laughed, Chris did not.

Six minutes. "You know," Axel started, "those cars are lowkey kinda suspicious."

"They are probably here for the funeral," Jax said.

"What about the van?"

Four minutes away.

"Jax?" Axel asked. "Jax the cars are surrounding us!" The van was in front of them, one car was behind them and two were beside them.

"Jax, what do we do?!" Mils panicked. Jax stopped the motorcycle, Hannah did the same.

"Run, just run! Follow me!" Jax yelled. "If they come after you, use your weapons!" Everyone dispersed, trying to escape. The doors of the van opened, people came out. That's when the fight started.

"I can't get out!" Chris screeched. He was stuck in the basket of the motorcycle. One of the men from the van came towards him. Alexis ran over and tried to help him. He batted her hands away.

"I can do it myself!" Chris said. The man got closer. Alexis grabbed her bat and hit him as hard as she could. He barely flinched.

"Chris I know you may be mad at me, but this isn't about me, this about our friends, Chris. I'm not asking you to be friends with me again, I'm asking you to help one of our friends," she said pointing at Mils who was helpless without a weapon. Axel went to her and helped. "So please Chris, help us," Alexis commanded. Chris looked up and nodded. Alexis helped him get up off the motorcycle and he grabbed his knife.