Chapter 2: Changes

"Spangs and Blue Mount School are getting combined into one school due to financial circumstances, which means pupils will be transferred to new classes. Here at Spangs, the school board will be working on constructing a new building and renovate the school. While doing so, pupils will have to temporarily go to Blue Mount. When you all come back to Spangs, we'll no longer be Spangs, but Vita," the principal said.

"Vita? That's a funny name. It sounds like pita honestly, is it a kind of food? What does it even mean?" Dina said.

"You know, I heard that Vita means life in Latin. The new school should symbolize life, I guess," I said.

"But what kind of life is it if you break up all classes to form a new school? The classes now, have sentimental value to everyone. It's people that we've grown up with. It'll not be the same in a new class, you can't build up the same bond, it'll never be the same."

"But we'll still have each other, isn't that what counts? We'll always be together."

"What if we won't talk in the future?"

"Don't be silly Dina, of course we'll still be talking. You're my best friend after all!"

Summer

I never thought time could go by that slow, I didn't talk with Dina neither, not even checked up on her or a little "How are you?"
I didn't know what happened, suddenly we just stopped talking, promises that we'd made became broken promises.

That's what so funny about time, time always changes, life is never standing still. It's constantly moving, and you have to move with it too.

But sometimes you find yourself dwelling in the past, while everyone else is moving on. After all, it's a natural thing to do, we always look back, because we miss that certain something that used to bring us so much happiness, and sometimes you find yourself lost in thought, but as long as we remember that the past isn't the present, and that the past doesn't control the present, only if we don't linger to the past.

But why did everything still change so quickly, suddenly I lost contact with everyone, or it felt like I did. Did they miss me the way, that I missed them? I would go over that question over and over again and tourment myself, what went wrong? Could I have done something about it? Could I have prevented the drifting? Was it really my fault? If not, then why did I feel like I did something wrong?