Chapter 7: The First Kiss

So me and David were a thing now... I guess... it looked awfully a lot like that. Everyone knew now, I guess David told them, but wasn't it too soon? We were so young anyway, it didn't feel quite right, but love has no age, right?
But that only applies to true love, but has anyone ever experienced true love? How does true love feel, is it a forever lasting feeling, or is it a temporary feeling? Don't you have to experience it first before knowing what it is, but what if you can't decipher what it is, when you're experiencing it?

But I think that I was too young and too immature to actually know, what the meaning of true love was. Surreal to think that I could love someone else, before even loving myself. At that time, I didn't know how my own insecurities impacted me and David's relationship, and how the way that I was toward him, was a reflection of myself.
You shouldn't love anybody before you know you, and before you love you, a lesson that took a long time for me to acknowledge and manifest.

I remember the day so vividly, my first kiss. I was his first kiss, and he was my first kiss. It was memorable, it was a moment that I'll always look back to, and a moment that'll always make me feel like a kid in love again.

We were sitting on his bed and talking, it was so innocent, because even though we both had feelings for each other, we still acted as we did before, when we were just friends.
That was until we kissed, it just happened, it was like what they call it in the movies "the perfect moment".
For a moment, we were just staring deeply into each other's eyes, then he leaned forward and I leaned forward too, and then we were so close that I could feel his breath next to mine.
My heart was pounding faster than ever, because I knew what was bound to happen. He closed his eyes and went in even closer, and our lips touched.
The sensations that went through my body, so that was how it felt? I loved that feeling, I wanted more, I craved more. I wanted to kiss him again, just so I could relive that one feeling, that one feeling that made me feel so good.

I'm so sorry David, I wish that I could've put your feelings before my own, but I just loved the way that you made me feel, because you made me feel so good about myself and you made me feel so special. But it was not onesided and I think that you loved the way that I made you feel too... you didn't necessarily love me, but the way that I made you feel. Maybe we were good for each other for a while, you made me see that I was worth loving, and I made you see the same in you. We were good for each other, if only we were more compatible, soon we'd grow out of love too.