Chapter 6: Welcome Back

"You do know that Nicolas likes you right? That's why he's been so shy around you lately," you laughed.

"Hahahah, that's so funny as if he actually likes me," I said.

"For real thought, I'm not kidding with you, he actually likes you, a lot."

"Musa, will you shut up for a moment, I'm actually trying to think here."

Actually I didn't know if I liked Nicolas back, but not reciprocating his feelings made me feel bad, I wanted to like him so bad and the sole mind can do so much, I actually convinced myself that I liked him, I didn't know that, at that time I was  oppressing my own feelings by working by my impulses and conscience.

When I came home, I did text Nicolas, which was another thing that I did by impulse.

Me: Is it true that you like me?

Nicolas: So... who told you that? Did Musa snitch?

Me: Nah bro, you're so obvious

Nicolas: Really? Oh well, I guess I do like you

Me: I like you too

Nicolas: Hahah that's great, talk to you later?

I didn't really like that the conversation ended so quickly, but guess none of us wanted to dive too deep in, or confront our feelings even more.

It was the past, but how much I wish that I never texted him or told him anything, because in that exact same week, Dina reached out to me again and asked me if I wanted to go swimming with her and her family, harmless it might seem, and it was harmless too, but that day led up to something more.
I couldn't say no... after all, I really missed her.

Getting a friend back into my life again, made me happier than ever, but not only Dina came back into my life, but David too.

It's funny how attraction works, the people that you're attracted to, will rarely like you back, and the people that you barely notice, are usually the ones who feels attracted to YOU. Isn't that funny how the universe works? We really can't control attraction.
Attraction just happens, Attraction could be physical, emotional and sexual, and because we live in this body, called the human body, we're bound to not being able to control our emotions, and that's so beautiful, because that's what make us humans.

But not that many days later, David texted me a love confession, it was the sweetest thing that I had ever read, never had I once let the thought cross my mind, that my own childhood friend could be in love with me.

I did love him too, but I didn't know if I was in love with him, or the feeling of being desired by someone, which was very selfish of me.
I didn't know what I was feeling, but the thought of someone else wanted me and needed me, made me feel so special, and I loved that feeling. No, I was in love with that feeling.

I had never experienced love before, so it was new for me, it was exciting, even if I actually didn't feel the same way about him, but what I did again, was that I tricked my mind to believe that I was in love, and that I was in love with him.
I wanted that to be true so bad, and it did feel true for a very long time.