Chapter 5: Ice Skating

Did I forget to mention that it was winter? That's why it was a perfect time to go ice skating, just imagine how perfect it would be to have someone to hold you, because you were freezing.
I guess everyone fantasizes of that specific someone from time to time, but sometimes it feels too far away from reality, that you just forget that you are internally longing for those things in life, or what is it called? Love? Yeah, love, I believe.

The ice was perfect, not too slippery or too rough, as soon as I stepped onto the ice with my ice skates, I felt so liberated.
The ice was so smooth and I was like a free bird, I felt so light, I almost forgot that I was there with someone.

"Hey, how do I get to talk to Jill, she's playing so hard to get like what should I do?" Musa asked.

I felt that it was the moment, where I should try my best to be a good friend for you, even though we really didn't talk, but for that moment, I actually felt so comfortable with you, there was some warmth to you that I've never felt before that made you seem so familiar and scarcely odd.

"You shouldn't be afraid of talking to her, man up and walk over to her. All you have to be is to be confident and maybe by being that, you'll win her over. You should always try to take the shot, you know."

I think my words really encouraged you, because at that moment, you walked over to her... mayhaps you approached her in a little awkward way, but you did overcome your own fear of rejection and you laid your arms around her shoulders, she did seem quite uncomfortable with you and mayhaps a little freaked out, but it was progress, and it was also a progress in our friendship.

Now, you actually trusted me, somehow I did something to earn your trust... honestly I didn't do much, but encourage you, but I guess that was enough for you to put your trust in me.

Friendly meal
It was really nice, just four friends sitting together and eating and laughing.
Yeah, we had a lot of good laughs, and you paid so much attention to me, which I found a little unconventional, since I knew that there was another girl that needed your attention more.

But you and Jill barely talked that evening, and actually you really never talked with each other, that's why I never understood your relationship, because the communication was barely there, but who was I to interfere with other people's relationship than my own.
But that didn't stop me from teasing you with it, and what made it even funnier is that, you knew yourself, that something wasn't right about your relationship.
I wasn't jealous though, because at that time, I only saw you as my friend... actually you and Jill were my best friends, and I would never do anything to come between you guys.

Most of the time, I just felt like that me and Nicolas were always on the sideline, but that's what best friends do, we're just there... for whenever you feel like pulling us in.