9 kiara

I can go home! I can go and relieve the memory's of my parents an try to revive my friendships! All I have to do is spend time with Skylar and I'm golden. I am thankful for the times that I spent with my family but skylar just has something about human that makes me happy.

"May as well start to get to know you now then if I'm going to spend tome here with you anyway, so what is your favourite colour skylar? Mine is purple, a pearly shade that shines in the water"

"My favourite colour is akin the golden yellow sands, a shade of yellow much like your hair. What's your favourite memory?" 

"Thats a hard one skylar, but I have to say my favourite memory is when my mum first showed me that beach you found me in"

I remember that day clearly my mum wanted to show me a secret place that only she and her friend knew about so she took me across the cliff side until she showed me a secret staircase hidden by bushes that led down to the beach below.she told me to never tell anyone about it not even my dad and that it was a special place for when I wanted to be alone.

"Hay kiara, want to go for a swim?"

"Yes I love swimming, oh, but won't the water pressure down this deepmake my lungs collapse?"

"You hot here intact,didn't you?"

"Yes"

I dipped into the water, the smoth liquid caressing my skin, easing my tired joints.the warm water was amazing, I thought it would be cold at this depth but the the temperature was perfect.I dunked my hair under to soak the dry strands with the water. Insted of stinging my eyes the water felt as natural as air on them and as I looked I beheld crystal clarity in the water. 

I felt a tingling on my head, a strange sensation that was not uncomfortable, on the contrary, it was slightly tickaly. I raised my head from the water and caught a glimpse of my hair flowing around me. My hair has purple highlights  Not just any shade of purple though my favourite purple!

"Why is my hair purple?"I said Gasping at the fact that my favourite shade of purple was on my head. "Is this a mermaid thing then?"

"Yes, but it is very unusual though. Few families have colorful steaks in their hair, in fact there is only one known family that has ever had these streaks. Ant they died out, since then no mer has had streaks of colour in their hair since."

"But Why do I have them then?"

I swam back towards the rocks with more ease than I had ever swam before. Getting out of the water felt different, like I was not meant to be out of the water at all, it was slightly uncomfortable and the air felt to thin and dry in my lungs.

"I'm going to take a break, maybe I'll have a nap or something"

"Ok have a god snooze then"

I led down on a patch of rock with the water lapping my feet and with the waters melodies I dozed of to the land of sleep.