11 kiara

I awoke on the rocky outcropping, alone. Skylar, was nowhere to be seen. My heart sank at the knowledge that I was alone, for the first time I was truly alone,  even stuck in this cave Skylar was with me, and that knowledge was comforting, Even though he kidnapped me beneath the waves, even though he was annoying.

 There was a slight tingling around my neck under my jaw to be more  Suspific, The tingling was not uncomfortable but it was unwanted. I glanced at my hair only to find that my hair still retained its purple highlights within its strands, guess that wasn't a dream after all. 

For the first time I took in the true beauty of the cave, the walls were a mass of clear crystals that reflected the light coming from the water. The crystals were huge and reached down from the cave roof. The rock I was sat on had a waterfall flowing from the spring on the peak of the formation. It was breathtaking.

"Kiara, I have someone that would like to meet you, let me introduce my mother, she has some information about your hair."

Finally, Skylar was back.

"Good, I was starting to get a little stir crazy in here alone, I get bored super fast you know" . I looked towards the water to see Skylar and "oh hay aquaria, wait what, how are you here. Wate a second what. How are you here?"

"Hello kiara, it's been a long time, hasn't it."

"Yeah, I guess it has been a long time, I haven't seen you since my mum died. How have you been?"

"Good, thanks you?"

Skylar looked confused at my casual conversation with aquaria, as if I shouldn't even know her.

"Skylar, I didn't know you knew aquaria, she was my mums beast friend, they always met at the beach, I guess now I know why"

"She's my mother, why would my mother know yours anyway"

Skylar looked puzzled at the thought that my mother knew his, as if she shouldn't even know her name.

"Oh my son kiara mother was once a mer like us. She found her mate on land and went to the orical to find a solution, she gave melene the choice to lose her tail for legs forever to be with the one she loved, melene chose to leave to be with kiara's human father."

"So my mother was a mermaid"

"Yes, melene ocianus was your mother"