CHAPTER I: Shooting Star

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Before reading this chapter, I suggest you guys to listen to Rewrite the Stars it will served as the background music of this chapter. My heart aches while writing this and I hope you guys also do. Please enjoy!

[MYOI MINA'S POV]

"Detective Song!" I called her out once I got out of my car. She's waiting for me in the front of the police station and we hug each other as a sign of greetings and went straight into her office. "I'm glad you came Minari. I thought you will declined my calls again"

Detective said, sitting on her swivel chair; I only smiled at her and she motioned me to open the folder that was placed on the coffee table in front of me. I glanced at her first before I picked it up. "Do you believe in those? I don't have too much information about that though" She said. I just simply nodded my head and scanned every photos of five girls hanging-out at the mall with a sleeping toddler on one of the girls' arm.

"Maybe if I see it myself?" I answered, a little unsure on how exactly I'm going to response as I place back the folder to its original place. Detective Song heaved out a sigh and I only watched her made her way towards the door way. "If you said so" She said while shrugging off both of her shoulders and exited her office. I waited for her to come back for almost 20 minutes now and when she did? She's already with someone ...

"Seriously folks? Why did you brought me here for?!" The unknown lady asks and she's annoyed. Detective Song just let out a sigh and motioned the lady to sit down first and she lazily oblige what she's been told but a little confused. "Look Ms. Kang, my team brought you here for an investigation or interrogation, maybe?" Detective Song said a little unsure for some reasons. Ms. Kang only looked at her confused but keep quie--

"Investigation ... Interrogation ... WHAT IS THAT EVEN SUPPOSED TO MEAN! This is the first time I visit this place and this is what I got?! You know what? I can sue you for that!?" The lady said while raising and lowering her voice to catch Detective Song's attention but failed, the lady pouted her lips and crosses both of her arms over her chest as she pouted her lips and soon let out a frustrated sighed. "Ahmm, Detective? Why did you call me here for, again?" I asks, as a matter of fact and Detective Song gave me a glace as pointed her index finger towards the lady. I scoff on my spot as I looked at her in disbelief.

"Her? What do you mean her? Babysit her? Wow" I sarcastically said, earning an eye roll from the both of them. "Look Detective, I only came here for YN and not to babysit a random person. Excuse me, I'm leaving" I said as I stand up from the couch but the lady just looked at me and let out a sighed. "Miss? may I borrow your phone for a while?" She asks while fidgeting her fingers. I glanced over Detective but she just shrug her shoulders and went back to her seat like she didn't do something, annoying.

"Just for a while ... Please .. I need to contact my sister. I-I d-don't know a-anyone in this country" She said a little shy. This time I was the who let out a sigh and just handed her my phone. I saw her eyes lit up and quickly did her thing. Two tries, three tries? but I guess no ones pick up. Her eyes saddens and hands me back my phone with a weak smile. "Here. Thank you and t-take care on your way to somewhere" She said while smiling a little then stares on the tiled floor quietly but why I'm feeling this way again? Like ..

There is something that stoping me from leaving.

"Y-yeah ... I guess-- thanks?" Is the only thing I managed to say after I put my phone back on my clutch. Detective Song waved me goodbye but I just rolled my eyes in return. I made my way towards the exit a little distracted but a sudden girl with a bangs accidentally bumped into me. "OHHH! I'm so sorry Miss. I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear! I'm just in a hurry because my-- She didn't finished what she was about to say when another girl appeared and literally shut her mouth off by covering the girl's mouth with her palm.