10

After a short walk, you finally reach the waterfall everybody had been raving about. (Pic above ^) "Holy shit." You whispered as you looked at the beautiful waterfall.

"Did I just hear you swear?" Colby asked, a small smirk on his face. He had crept up behind you so his voice made you jump.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to swear." You apologised as you turned to face him.

"Don't be, it's just I've never heard you swear before. It was just different was all." A blush makes it way onto your face as you look down and move your hair, that was in your eyes, behind your ear. Both of you chuckle, interrupting the comfortable silence that you were just surrounded in.

"What you guys talking about?" Jake asked, walking over and ruining the romantic moment that you and Colby were just sharing. Colby huffed and then crossed his arms. "What? I just asked a harmless question." Jake added, loving that he had just ruined a moment between you two.

"Nothing Jake." Colby sighed, wishing he could be alone with you. Colby was really trying to hold himself back from roasting Jake, for your sake and you could see that.

"No Colby, tell me what you were just saying." Jake growled, trying to rile Colby up so they could fight. You could see Colby was really trying to restrain his alpha instincts.

"I said nothing Jake." Colby growled in a deep voice, Jake starting to win his way. You put one of your hands on Jakes chest and your other hand on Colby's, in an attempt to stop them from fighting and it worked, you didn't even have to say anything, your eyes said all that they needed to hear. Jake huffed and walked away, acting like a child that didn't get something that they wanted. You and Colby locked eyes, your hand still on his chest.

For a few seconds, you got lost in each others eyes as Colby put his hand on top of your hand, which was still on his chest. You could feel his heartbeat in his chest, everything was quite peaceful. The moment broke when you smirked and grabbed Colby's free hand before you jumped into the water, dragging him with you. At first the water was cold but you soon got use to it. You opened you eyes, still under water, to see Colby had swam up and was now looking for you frantically, thinking he had lost you and that you were in trouble. Another smirk appeared on your face as you swam up to the surface and splashed some water on him from behind. "Jesus shit!" Colby squealed as the cold water made contact with his back.

"Jesus shit?" You mocked with a giggle as he swam over to you.

"What did you expect? I thought you were drowning! You scared me to death!" He laughed, seeing the funny side of your practical joke.

"Sorry." You giggled as he grabbed you by your waist and pulled you closer so you couldn't swim away again but you didn't seem to mind, it was actually kind of nice until Jake cannonballed right in front of you. Both you and Colby swam away in different directions as you squealed.

(⚠️PLEASE READ⚠️ So some of you like this book and I wondered if anyone would be interested in a Colby Brock x Hybrid Reader? Idk, it was just a thought. Oh and don't worry, I'm not ending this book yet. I just wanted to know if you wanted that other book as well! X3 Let me know what you want! Don't be shy, leave a comment! I don't bite.... most of the time XD)