11

Finally, after having a fun time at the waterfall, you were back at camp. It was dark and all of you were freezing. "Why did we go decide to go swimming, when the sun was setting, with no fucking towels?!" Brennen screeched as his whole body was violently shivering, just like everyone else.

"I don't know! It was Corey's idea!" Sam accused as he threw his arms around in the air.

"Hey! Don't blame me! I thought Kat was bringing the towels!" Corey shouted, defending himself.

"Don't you dare drag me into this Corey Schere! It was your damn idea to go swimming in the evening! How the fuck was I supposed to know to bring everyone's fucking towels?" Kat squealed.

"Guys! Stop it! With the time you guys have just wasted arguing, we could have lit the fire and got changed into clean, dry clothes by now!" Devyn informed as Corey opened his mouth to argue again. "Corey Schere, if you don't shut your mouth and start that fire now, I'm gonna whoop your ass." Devyn threatened which scared Corey.

"Damn, I thought Corey was supposed to be the alpha." Brennen giggled.

"That's my man you're talking about there, watch yourself Taylor." She snapped at Brennen which quickly shut him up. Scared of angering Devyn even more, everyone scattered to get dressed and do whatever job they were assigned to do.

After Corey had lit the fire and everyone had changed into some fresh clothes, everyone sat on the logs that were around the fire to get warm. It was keeping everyone nice and toasty, everyone but you. Your body continued to shiver as you wrapped your arms around yourself to try and give yourself a bit more warmth but it wasn't working.

Suddenly a warm pair of arms wrapped around you and just out of instinct, you immediately snuggle up to that person for warmth. "God, you freezing." Colby whispered as he pulled you closer to his chest making you smile slightly.

"Mhm." You hummed in response, too cold to talk.

"Here." He said as he pulled you onto his lap and wrap a blanket around the both of you. "Better?" He asked as you snuggled into his chest, loving the warmth you were receiving.

"Much, thank you." You replied as your body stopped shivering which made him smile.

Sitting opposite to you, you see a jealous Jake and Brennen staring at you and the human pillow you call Colby but right now you are so comfortable that you couldn't care less about what everyone thought. Colby's warmth started to make you tired.

Eventually, you gave up the battle of trying to stay awake. You closed your eyes and drifted off into a peaceful sleep, still snuggled up to Colby.

*3 a.m*

A shooting pain in your arm suddenly wakes you up. You cover you mouth to stop yourself screaming out in pain when you realised that you were now in the RV and Corey, Devyn and Colby were all asleep in their beds. Colby must have carried you in and tucked you into bed when he realised you were asleep.

Even though your arm hurt like hell, you didn't want to wake anybody up. The pain was coming from the bite wound that Jake gave you a couple of days ago. 'It's just because I forgot to take my pain meds, right?'  You thought to yourself as you sat up and held you arm close to you chest. You carefully got up, making sure not to wake the others up by screaming out in pain. You shuffled over to your bag and got the medical stuff for your arm out, being careful not to make any noise.

Once you redressed your wound before you took the prescribed amount of pain meds and then got back into bed. You closed your eyes, trying to ignore the pain as you hoped the medication would kick in soon.

*The next morning*

'Mmmmmm, bacon. Why can I smell bacon?'  You thought to yourself as the smell of bacon goodness filled the air with its beautiful aroma. Even though you were awake, you couldn't be bothered to open your eyes.

Suddenly the pain in your arm worsened, making you flinch and sit up. You held your arm close to your chest, hoping the pain would stop or at least be less painful. Of course neither of those thing happened.

After some time, the pain finally became bearable enough for you to move. Whilst holding back your whimpers and screams of pain, you walked over to your suit case and took your pain meds, hoping they would do something to ease the pain. Sounds of laughter came from outside. Looking out the window, you saw everyone around the campfire smiling and cooking breakfast. Most of your attention was on Colby though, with his angelic smile which couldn't help but make you smile. Seeing all of them happy made you happy and you didn't want to ruin that for them. If you told them that you were in pain then Corey and Devyn would insist that you all go home so that Dr. LinGaurd could check out you arm and it was probably just healing pains, right?

After getting ready, you went out to join them, making sure to put on a brave face and pretend you were ok. "Finally! Y/n's up!" Colby giggled, which made everyone giggle, including you.

"Over here." Jake and Colby said in unison as they both patted the spot next to themselves. They glared at each other across the fire as you made you decision about who to sit next to. Of course the obvious choice was Colby. Jake huffed as you sat next to Colby, making the brunette smirk in victory. You leaned into his chest as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and knitted his eyebrows together.

"Y/n? You ok?" He asked in a whisper as he held you close.

"Yeah, fine. Just tired." You mumbled into his chest as your hair hid your face. You felt him huff, he knew something was up.

(I'm starting to work on the Colby Brock X Hybrid Reader! X3)

Word Count: 1035