20

Silence.. Thats all you could hear as your body was in complete shock. You had been in the waiting room, at the hospital, for what seemed like an eternity, replaying what happened at home, in your head over and over again. Your brain seemed to be taunting you with the scene of Jake stabbing Colby. It wasn't your fault.. right? all these problems that had happened over the past few months had stemmed from.. you. 'This is all you fault.' A voice in you head snickered. 'What a mess you made. Colby might die because of you and Jake will end up in jail. All of this happened because you were horny, you slut.' The voice taunted as you put your head between you legs and gripped you hair, tears trying to escape from your closed eyes.

"Miss!" A unfamiliar voice called out. They had obviously been trying to get your attention for a while now but you had retreated so far into yourself that you didn't hear him the first few times. As you looked up, your blurry vision started to clear. A policeman stood there with his colleague. "Ma'am? Are you Y/n?" He asked gently as sat next to you. You nodded nervously and sniffled gently, rubbing away the tears and snot from your face with your blood stained hands from trying to stop Colby from bleeding out. "Hello ma'am. I am P.C Rodgers and this is my colleague P.C Parr. We are here to investigate what happened surrounding the stabbing of Colby Brock. At the moment, we are treating this as attempted, second degree murder. You were there as the events unfolded, am I correct?" He asked gently. After a minute of absorbing the information, you nod shakily. He started writing notes for later. "Did you see or could you identify the person that attacked mr Brock?" He asked as you felt your blood pumping.

'Turn yourself in for being a slut. A whore like you deserves to rot in jail.' The voice in your head hissed at you. "I-I-" You stutter, sniffling as you tried to think. You thought about all the horrible things that would happen to Jake. Yes, he deserved punishment for what he did but he was also your friend for oh so many years.

"Excuse me officer. She's been through a lot and is clearly in shock. Can we do this later?" Sam huffed gently as he had just walked into the waiting room with some cups of coffee in his hands.

"This is a very serious situation and we need to know as much information as we can as soon as possible." The officer huffed, clearly irritated with Sam.

"Look at her! She's in shock and can barely speak a word. If you don't believe me, I go grab a nurse to tell you she's in no condition to help with the investigation right now." Sam huffed defensively as he saw you like a little sister.

"We will return later." P.C Rodgers huffed, leaving with his colleague as Sam gave them the stink eye. He then sighed and walked over, sitting down next to you.

"Here." He cooed, holding out one of the coffee's. You shakily grab it and take a sip. "I'm sorry I wasn't there.. I'm sorry you had to go through that by yourself.." He sighed apologetically, wrapping an arm around you. "We will get through this together. Colby is strong, he'll heal up in no time." He cooed supportively, squeezing you a little closer to comfort you.

"What if he doesn't..? What if he dies..?" You whimper shakily. Sam blinked.

"Hey, trust me. It's going to be ok." He cooed.

'No it's not, slut.'

Word count: 622