[O1] obfuscate

ob·fus·cate/ˈäbfəˌskāt/
(def.) render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ✫

┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ⊹ ✯

kevin moon gave his friends a last pat before turning his way towards the parking lot. nearing his bike, his face scrunched in confusion as he saw a foreign piece of envelope taped on the side of his bike.

the envelope was an elegant shade of cerulean, and kevin swore he could pick a faint scent of the ocean radiating from it. 

he looked around his surroundings, hoping to find the culprit who happens to leave the envelope on his bike, to no luck.

sighing inwardly, he opened the envelope and does the same with the letter inside it.

my feelings for you are just so obfuscating. and every time, i always find something new to the kevin i knew. -etoile

kevin could feel a small smile crept into his lips, and reads the letter again and again as if a never-ending loop. but no matter how much he reads the letter, the warm feelings never left his heart.

he cycled home with giddy feelings throughout his body, as he tries to imagine who could be the one responsible for the mysterious letter.

once home, he was greeted by the heavenly smell of food coming from the kitchen. however, for the first time in the life of kevin moon, he found something to be more interesting than the stuff served on the dining table.

locking himself in his room, kevin pulled out the letter once again, examining it so carefully like it was a fragile object that could fly away from his grasp at any time. 

he was debating whether or not to tell his friends about it through text or face to face, eventually deciding on the latter. 

and so the rest of the day went by in a blink of an eye. and the next day, kevin was back in the living hell they called school.

as soon as the shrill bell made a sound, kevin sprints his way towards the cafeteria, heading towards the table where 7 out of 11 of his friends were already seated. not long after, their squad of 12 were almost complete, with only 1 person missing, and kevin could immediately tell who.

"where is jacob?" the boy wondered out loud. jacob, however studious as he may be, never once missed going to the cafeteria. in fact, he usually was one of the earliest ones to come.

"oh, he said he wasn't in the mood to go here. weird, i know... he's never like this before," sangyeon, who shares class with jacob tells the rest of the group, confusion apparent in his voice.

kevin just nodded, but he just couldn't find himself focusing from that moment on. should i go visit him later? 

he was snapped out of his thoughts by the sight of his teacher in front of his desk, looking ready to snap him out of the class for being in his own world in the middle of a lecture.

he mentally slaps himself for being so... he couldn't even describe it. but being so close to jacob, it just felt weird not seeing him for a whole day full. 

especially since he viewed jacob as more than a friend for as long as he remembers.

and besides all that, his thoughts also drifted to the mysterious letter, as he couldn't help but expect another one for today.