[O7] finale

fi·na·le /fəˈnalē,fəˈnälē/

(def.) the close or termination of something; the end

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ✫

┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ⊹ ✯

kevin moon quickly dashed towards his bike when the other boy was already a safe distance away.

he was... disappointed, to say the very least. disappointed, but not surprised. it was far too obvious, even for the most oblivious.

almost practically ripping the envelope, he retrieved the neatly folded letter inside.

i guess it is time already... by now, you've probably had already figured out, true? let's just see how this finale will turn out. school fountain, today after school.  -etoile

the boy was dazed, reading the ocean-scented letter. his eyes fixed on the paper as his mind too stunned to think of anything.

shoving the letter into his backpack altogether, kevin decided to just skip class and went to the designated place instead, fully acknowledging that class will only end about one and a half hours from now.

the school fountain was never a popular place among students, even though it was still perfectly functioning and aesthetically pleasing.

and by now, it has only become the boys' secret hideout. boys basically defining as kevin and his 11 crackhead friends.

closing his eyes under one of the big trees, the wind gently caressing his face as his mind wandered elsewhere.

how, in only the span of less than a month, so much more happenings occurred than the rest 15 years of his life.

how, in only the span of less than a month, everything drastically changed in his friendship and love life.

how, in the span of less than a month, he suddenly felt like his romance maybe isn't so pathetic after all.

lines and colors began to form inside his mind, slowly forming the boy he always long, the boy he always cherish. how he didn't expect it to be him, yet already know that it's him.

a melodic sound starts rang. sounding so real, yet so vague. the sound of his laugh. and at that moment kevin knew, he didn't want anything else, but that laugh to himself. he didn't want anything else, but to make the boy who has the laugh so melodic, his.

the poor boy must've drifted asleep somewhere between his solemn time letting his mind roam free, because the next thing kevin knew, it was only 127 seconds or so before the end bell rings.

just as he closes his phone, the bell lets out its sound, shrill ring echoing in every direction. the fountain is still in the school area, hence only right if the bell sound could be heard that far.

60... 59... 58...

kevin didn't know why, or how, but he could feel himself counting down from a minute.

47... 46... 45... 44...

chatters of students could be heard, though only sounding as loud as a whisper.

41... 40...

the boy had his eyes closed loosely, his frame leaning against the tree as his lips tries hard not to break into a smile.

36... 36.5... 35... 34...

fiddling with the hem of his shirt, he suddenly starts to get nervous, as though his confidence has just evaporated. 

27... 26... 25... 24.... 23... 22... 21...

twenty mere seconds to go.

14... 13... 12...

kevin's ears perked up at the sound of someone rustling through the leaves, the voice getting louder every second.

8... 7...

he is there, kevin could just feel it. he could feel how the star by now is probably already a few steps away from him, contemplating whether or not he should signal that they are two now. kevin chuckled in his heart, that's how much he knows.

2... 1...

kevin gradually opens his lid, revealing the boy he knew for too long, standing right in front of him.

this is it.

"jacob bae," was all kevin could manage to say, syncing with the older as he whispers his name back.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺finale.❞⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺