[∞] sempiternal

sem·pi·ter·nal /ˌsempəˈtərnl/

(def.) eternal and unchanging; everlasting.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ✫

┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ⊹ ✯

"jacob bae," was all kevin could manage to say, syncing with the older as he whispers his name back.

patting the space beside him, the older boy hesitates for a moment before plopping himself on the ground.

"you knew all along..."

kevin raised an eyebrow, not sure if he was supposed to hear it or not.

"i'm sorry, it wasn't supposed to be like this. i don't want to ruin everything, kev... why did i even--"

jacob lets out what seems to be a whimper mid-sentence, making the other's gaze focused upon him completely.

"i-i understand that you wouldn't r-return my f-feelings, but,"

jacob was fully crying by now, tears staining his skin and fabric.

"kevin, p-please don't leave me, i--"

that's it. that's enough.

kevin brought his arms to envelope the other's small frame, feeling the other stiff at the contact but did nothing to push him away.

rubbing small circles on his back, he opened his mouth when he felt that the one in his arms is no longer letting out tears.

"jake, listen... i'm not gonna leave you. never. and you know why? because maybe," he paused for what seemed like forever, "this is what's meant to be,"

jacob lifted his head from the younger's chest, eyes fixed towards the other. trying to find any signs, any emotions, anything hidden inside the crystal orb.

"oh gosh sometimes i forgot oblivious you are," kevin let out a chuckle and flicked the other's forehead, only to rub it apologizingly the next second.

"you know what? hell with those romancized confession,"

and then the world fades away.

hands and lips intertwined, words in no need to be exchanged anymore as all answers has surfaced in once.

parting in need of air, two oppositely different yet same expressions beamed from their features.

crimson colour tainted both of their cheeks, as they breathe as much air as a person possible.

kevin flashed a toothy grin towards the other, which didn't last long as he felt their lips connected once again.

it was only a small peck, yet their cheeks blushed even a shade darker from the tint it was before.

none dared to speak afterwards, yet it wasn't awkward at any rate.

they were simply enjoying each other's presence, as butterflies swarm through their insides, morphing into a warm feeling when it reached their hearts.

and when one of them thought that it was only for the moment, the other found a new bravery to pop the question that has always threatened to spill.

a maroon envelope waved in front of jacob's pupil, setting the latter aback.

the heavenly sound of kevin's laugh erupted, as he signals the older to open the letter.

maybe instead of living in the moment, we were meant to be sempiternal. to my etoile, jacob bae, let's stay together in the present and forever. will you be the stars to my moon? -lune

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺sempiternal❞⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺