[O3] nonviable

non·vi·a·ble /ˌnänˈvīəb(ə)l/
(def.) impossible, not workable

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ✫

┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ⊹ ✯

the next morning, kevin woke up feeling a weight keeping him from getting up. 

he glanced down to see jacob's arms all huddled around his body, and he couldn't bring himself to wake the older boy, so he just lay there with jacob cuddling him.

he couldn't deny that he didn't dislike it, anyhow.

unconsciously, he found himself admiring the petite boy's feature. 

how his bangs cover his face, how peaceful he looks sleeping, how his silent snores managed to sound so melodic, how everything about jacob bae is just so... flawless.

"kev?" kevin hummed back in response to the now half-awake boy. "could we just stay like this for a moment?" 

no response was given, but it was obvious that the cuddle has only gotten tighter after that.

when kevin excused himself to go back home, he didn't expect to find another letter waiting to make his heart swarm with butterflies.

especially since it's weekend and the only person that could possibly tape it there is jacob, unless the sender breaks into the bae's house.

realization hits kevin as he scrambled back inside the house to search for the said bae. 

"hey jake! do you possibly happen to know anything about these letters? i've been getting this for the pass 2 days without having any idea on who is it from," he tries to make it sound as natural as possible.

jacob made it too obvious that he was taken aback by the sudden question about the letters. red tint began to appear once again as he hesitates to answer the question. 

"w-why are y-you even asking me? h-how a-am i supposed to k-know?" jacob replied stuttering, his gaze never leaving his shuffling feet, a sign that's he's nervous.

"oh, i thought you knew... i'll get going then, thanks for tonight," kevin muttered, his heart sunken and his voice displaying utter disappointment. 

once home, finding that there was no one else in the big house, kevin heads straight into his room.

clutching the letter tightly, he inhales a final sharp breath before unfolding the blue-purple envelope.

even though our romance is nonviable, thank you for making me feel like i had the chance to call you mine. -etoile

for the first time since receiving the first letter, kevin didn't feel flustered nor giddy. instead, a gush of sheer amazement rushes through his body.

why are you being like this? his mind lets a sound, not directing to whom.

kevin just laid there in his bed, reading over the cerulean letter, his lips mouthing word by word. until suddenly like a bolt in the dark, an idea creeps into his mind.

he fetched his marker, pen, and a set of letter pack given by jacob for his birthday. his hands gripped the pen as it danced, creating curves and loops and doodles. once done, he sealed it inside a maroon envelope.

the next day, kevin made sure to tape his letter securely on his bike, as he thought back to what he wrote yesterday.

if nonviable will be our destiny, then i'll fight it so that eternal will be our fate. -lune