FAQ

This is something I gather I will be making edits to over the time if more questions I want to answer come up. 

Love.

___~❤~s2~❤~__

FYI: There's been a few minor adjustments/additions to the ending of Teardrops of Roses that has sense been made in the month or so since finishing the book, mainly just the very end however I will be changing the fate of one character once I get onto editing the story some day. Don't quote me on when though ^^ It's minor to the overall plot so you won't have to re-read. 

What happened to Jasper Green? Did he leave jail early? What about Father Andrews?
We never got to see or find out the extent of Jasper's jail sentence. In the jail scene, it is mentioned how in some cases, the background of how a person grew up, and their mental state at the time of the crime, or presently, plays a part in the types of sentencing they may receive. 

In the ending, there is a small scene in which people are protesting against the church. It is unclear whether Jasper has anything to do with it, if it links in to his release or if it's even about the abuse that went on with churches – though the implications are there. 

All in all, in the end I just wanted to portray how Jasper was now doing better. He'd done his time and/or received some treatment. You may connect the dots if you like. 

What about Lea and Simon Worthington? Does anything happen to them?
The question above leads into this scenario. 
Honestly, as the book is now currently, nothing. Though when I do go around to edit it, I mentioned above how the fate of one character will be changed, well, that will lead into what happens to Lea Worthington and Mission Affairs at least. But that is just a super minor plot, so no announcements will be made for that. Just putting it here if you're ever interested. 

Do they end up together?

It's up to you to decide whether after Rose moves to Sydney, if their story continues. 
The first ending seemed to be more solid yes, however after some reflection, I think I'd prefer a  more ambiguous/undecided conclusion; one that shows the maturity and development of not only the characters, but the readers of the book too as they have to make the choice themselves of whether they end up together.
I have since added in that bit to the epilogue to hopefully make it that way.Thank you to user griffin242 for your more than insightful comments who helped me come to terms with this alternative, and makes me feel more gratified with ending the story. 

Was this book based on my own experiences?
No, it actually wasn't to be honest. The main thing that I relate to Rose was mainly my lack of confidence when I was younger, and how extremely conscientious or aware of everything around me. Well, in fact, I only found out this year that I have anxiety and that's why all those years growing up (almost a decade of it) had always been the way it was. It was eye opening for me to realise.  Maybe that's how I was able to tell Rose's story from the beginning with some sincerity. 

What inspired me to write about the themes? 
I am not entirely sure why I decided to write a book containing such a traumatic theme from the beginning. However, I know I have always enjoyed the "forbidden" romance theme, and still currently do, whether it's student teacher, different status in society, wolf or vampires with humans in the past, or even BL, I still gravitate towards these themes the most. 

Does any Cassie & Mel (her old friends) find out about the assault? Do they become friends again?

Mainly no with finding out about Rose's past. 
Though with Cassie and Max being together, perhaps Cassie does find out one day? However, she's moved on from the girl earlier story and if she's found out, she would never make it known. In fact, the wind chime in the epilogue was gifted to Rose by her and Max. 

Prequel?
No, I have never planned for the story to be a series. I believe Rose and Jasper's story is summed up perfectly in a single book. :)
Though I would say if there ever was one, it would be interesting to do it on Cassie and Max's story and how they came to be together. 

Any other books for the future?
Yes, I am currently working on my new book, Sentiment Hill.
It's my first historical romance fiction! I've written around three chapters so far however, so it's still in it's early days. Come check it out if you enjoy period novels.

What is a "s2":
An oldschool love heart before we had ❤.

How's editing going?
Not very well. I'm afraid it's been a little too nice to taking  a break from this story for a while lol. Been working on my other book some more as it is a change of scenery, as well as focusing on other projects outside of writing. I think I might give it some more time so the story isn't so "fresh" for me so I can read it as one of you guys, for the "first" time while editing it.  

___~❤~s2~❤~__

Any other questions you like to see? Put them below!