Chapter 9: A trolley of cats

____~🖤~~🖤~~🖤~____

C h a p t e r   N i n e

"Serious stuff, I still can't believe you get to see Mr. Hottie for an extra hour on the weekend!" Mandy groaned.

I blinked at her wildly, "Mandy, were you not listening? He was practically yelling at me the whole time! Pointing out each and every little minor mistake as if they were a bigger tragedy than the titanic. It was absolutely miserable!"

"Yeah, but I bet he's pretty hot too when he's angry huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me suggestively. "If I were you, I would accidentally spill something on his shirt so that he'll get mad and have to take it off, then WHAM! Not only do I get to witness a sexy madman, but also his body." 

"Just as well, you're not me. God Mandy, you and your bloody imagination!" I shook my head before we both busted out in giggles at the ridiculousness of her comment. She was always the one to conjure up some crazy scenarios – though sometimes I was no better myself. Only my visions involved me running away and screaming in fear.

"Hey, say no more Mands or your boyfriend might get jealous," I nodded toward Luke who was weaving through the tables, making his way with his lunch tray.

I felt a kick on my legs from under the table.

"OW!"

"Dude, he's not my boyfriend! Shut up."

I gripped my shins and smirked. "Oooooooh!" I hooted loud enough for Luke to hear as he closes in.

"Hey guys, what's this about?" He asked curiously while plopping his tray down and taking a seat next to me.  I took a deep breath in and smiled.

Well, yep! I think I'm finally comfortable around Luke now— my first friend who was a guy! It felt so natural somehow.

"Oh, just a little something-something about someone who Mandy fancies," I grinned as I felt another kick come from underneath. I managed to doge by moving my legs away fast enough.

"She's bullshitting," she blurted out. "You– I'm going to kill you Rose!"

"I swear the both of you are starting to keep secrets from me,"  Luke cried as he stuffed his mouth with his bread roll. "This isn't fair! Tell me who, I want to know too!"

"Okay okay. I'm sorry, I was only joking." I backed down to calm the threatening glares of my friend as I stirred my food around my plate. I was really stuffed at that point.

Luke peered untrustingly between the two of us. "Hmm... is that so? Why do I have the feeling that you're both lying."

"No wait! I take that back, I do like someone." Mandy sat up quite suddenly.

I turned to her, shocked. "Huh? Wait, what?"

"I like HIM!" She pointed proudly to the other side of the room discretely and we all turned to see Mr. Green entering into the cafeteria.
Like some slow-motion drama, the cafeteria had gone silent and was now staring after the tall and dark-haired blue-eyed devil walking in casually with his lunch tray in his tailored suit.

Luke only rolled his eyes, as did I.
This was a common occurrence.

"Oh come on guys! This happens like every day, get over it." Luke complained. "The dude has to eat, like you and I. Has to shit, like you and I. And just like every body else that has ever lived in this goddamn world. I don't get why all the girls in this school keep oogling over him. I swear it's Mr Green this, Mr Green that, na na na! My ears are gonna fall off."