ch 5: Sad love songs

LaRanzo

I sighed as I sat in math by myself. I knew it was going to happen, I can't be number one... I can't be the one everyone looked too or loved uncontrollably, but I wanted it.

So bad.

Once class ended I picked up my bad and headed towards the woods outback instead of to the cafeteria where everyone would gather. They wouldn't notice me missing.

I was so focused in my moping I didn't notice someone follow me into the shadow of the trees or that Rain had followed them as he pulled his cell out and alerted the others.

I made my way down to the little stream that ran through, splitting the woods in two and slowly sat at the edge and looked at my reflection, my average ugly reflection.

Brown hair that lacked luster or any real distinctive style, a small noes that didn't really fit my face, to large eyes that were a strange lighting brown, short and common. I hated it.

I hated myself.

"What are you doing out here? Lost your lunch?"

The voice sent a shiver down my spine and my stomach twisted in knots as I slowly turned my head to look at my stepbrother as he hovered behind me.

"I-I thought you were staying home today Michel." I stuttered out, turning to face him, writing going my hands to stop them from shaking.

He was pissed when I left this morning. He had snuck into my room in the early morning, let his friends in through my window. They pissed on me causing me to choke awake and then they held me down as he began to strip me out of my pJs.

This was normal, his molestations, what was new was how far he took it. He had tried to full on rape be and would have of I had not screamed bloody murder.

My stepfather broke down my door and saved me. It was the first time he ever stepped up for me, after my mother passed he faded away. He just didn't see anything, but he saw this.

After kicking my stepbrother out of the room he carried me to the bathroom and helped me wash up, all the while apologizing for everything. He said we'd talk more when I got home but more then likely he send me away. I reminded him of mother and he loved me but I wasn't his blood.

"You think I'd let you get away with what you did this morning? I'm going to beat the fuck out of you then I'm going to tear you apart." He hissed but just as he grabbed me someone grabbed his wrist tightly stopping him from pulling me closer.

"Release him" Rains deep voice rumbled out

I saw the shine of the switchblade before Rain and acted before thought by pushing forward into my brothers chest right into the way of the blade, and I felt a sharp thud on my side as I was shoved away from them. I heard Maya shout and heard Kane scream my name but it all seemed so strange.

I was falling. I saw my brother being lifted off of his feet my his throat by Rain then the sky as I continued to keep falling, I felt my body hit the river, felt the cool water seeping into my clothes then I felt it give way and I continued to fall.

And fall and fall. The light of the sun slowly faded then began to get brighter. My body felt as if it was being strangled by a huge snake the squeezed and squeezed until I released all the air I had in my lungs and tho I fought not to inhale the burning in my lungs soon won and I breathed in the cool liquid into my lungs and the world turned black.

The last thing I heard was my own heartbeat as it slowed.