Xadia - TAC Names

" Hey Quetzalcoatl, good luck teaching the newbie what she should know already!" a soldier with a monkeys tail shouts with a goofy smile

"And yet she knows more than you, Senen!" Quinn shouts back with laughter

Quinn ushers the small shy blond girl with a gentle hand, her pastel blue eyes glinting with motherly care.

"Um, Quinn." the girl, Misako, says with nervousness in her voice

"Yes, Misa?" Quinn hums

"Why do they call you that? I-I mean..it's not your name s-so.."
"Oh, that's just my TAC name dear. All fliers, drakeskin or not, get one at some point."

"TAC name? What's it for?"

"It's like a nickname, something to call us by usually when we're out on missions or patrol."

"How do you get one?"

"My aren't we curious today." Quinn giggles, Misako blushing in embarrassment, "You're usually given your TAC by a superior officer when they feel you've earned it. It's usually based on your appearance or personality. For example, mine is Quetzalcoatl because my drake form looks a lot like the ancient creature I'm named after. Amanda's is Katsu because of her explosive personality....and she set herself on fire when one of the boys scared her on her first day."

As Quinn laughs at the memory, Misako looks ahead of them. Amanda was in her usual workout clothes and talking with one of the other members of their squad, however Misako couldn't help but stare at the tomboys toned body and subtle abs.

~

Sorry this one was so short, i promise they'll get longer!