Squirrel

Finally, the hard and grueling final exams were passed. A lot of tears and sweat had been shed, but now it was all over. Ahead are only summer, the sun, sleepless nights and sun meetings in the morning. And the girl thought only about what was ahead and went into the future without looking back. At least, she wanted to appear that way.

A warm wind blew in from the open window, dispersing the stagnant air in the room. The young lady didn't know what to do, so she simply spent her time on social networks, lazily flipping the news. Next to her, on the couch, lay her faithful friend, who didn't abandon her even in such a hard task as doing nothing.

The Yorkshire terrier's hair, short cut for the summer, stuck out in all directions. The dog was faithful to his unchanged rule: "Since I'm a boy, all these bows and accessories are not for me," although the mother of the young lady didn't give up attempts to put him in order and tie a bow on his fringe. Therefore, the damned accessory, as always, was pulled off and driven under the closet.

'(Y/N)!' she called her daughter from the kitchen.

"Yeeeah," the girl stretched back, looking up from the screen.

'I'm going to start cleaning. And I will need your help. Even if your father and I are leaving for a week to the countryside, this does not mean that you have to live in the mud,' woman appeared in the doorway, her arms folded over her chest, looking on her daughter with displeasure.

'Oh, sure,' the girl completely forgot about the departure of her parents, but she didn't want to do the cleaning. 'Mom, maybe you are thinking about your trip now, and I will clean myself later? Now it's too hot for such difficult tasks.' Any excuses that came to mind immediately came out of her mouth.

Mother sighed heavily, shaking her head, but the girl was sure that her excuses worked and the hard work would be postponed for at least half an hour. And during this time, the young lady will have time to pack up and run off somewhere.

'Okay, loafer. I am in a good mood today, you have an hour of free time, and after I will start cleaning, and you,' the woman singled out this word with a voice. 'will help me'.

'Thank you, mommy!' the girl instantly took off from the couch and hugged the woman tightly. She hugged her back and pulled away.

'An hour, not a minute longer,' and, with convincing persuasion, threatening with a finger, she went to the bedroom to collect things for the trip.

'Yeah-yeah, sure," the young lady thought. "And it will be better if I will wash everything myself than to hear all those "that it is not so" and "it is not like that."' And making sure that the mother had disappeared behind the door, she ran to get herself ready. On the move, she changed from home stretched clothes, into street clothes that looked more decent, but were no less stretched and she threw things into her bag. A sketchbook and a pencil case were already resting there, a purse, headphones, snacks which were hidden away for a rainy day were also put there. Making sure that everything needed was folded up; she slipped out into the corridor and sneaked on tiptoes to the front door. From the parent's room came muffled voices: father and mother were discussing things, television was broadcasting something in the background.

The excitement subsided a bit, the legs quickly slipped into the sandals, and the arms themselves grabbed the keys from the stand. The door opened a little and then slammed shut, and the girl inspired air of freedom. The mood immediately jumped up and she wanted to jump and shout " Hooray, freedom!". But from behind the door, a loud barking was heard, notifying all the inhabitants of the floor that someone had run away.

The girl cursed the dog and promised that the next time she would glue the bow with glue and rushed down the stairs, while her mother has found out why the dog was barking. And here is the last obstacle - the door to outside and a warm summer breeze blows on her face, welcoming, and the birds sang a victory song, congratulating the fugitive with successful escape. Or so it seemed only to this very fugitive. Without hesitation, she jerked across the courtyard, and from balcony, her mother's screams followed her.