Cat

Sorry,  my beta reader and I were really busy all this time (too many problems with studies and jobs), so I got no time for updating this book. I really dunno when I will have the possibility to publish a new part, but I will try my best to keep writing. Wish me luck pls! 

P.s. If you will find any mistakes, please let me know!

___________________________________________________________________________

The sun slowly crawled over the horizon, shot by the arrows of the night and leaving behind a wide scarlet stripe. It wasn't so late yet, but ink shadows had already fallen on the central avenue of the park and along many lights were lit, illuminating the path for late travelers, with a golden light. After the meeting of the literary club, (Y/N) hurried home. Thousands and thousands of ideas for new stories swarmed through her head. She repeated them in her head again and again, in order to not forget a single detail or a single plot twist. The same song, found by the girl not so long ago, but already favorite, was spinning in the headphones without stopping. Among the thousands of thoughts, one suddenly flashed and a novice writer suddenly dawned on. "Here it is!" She exclaimed in her thoughts and jumped with joy. Finally, she found the perfect idea for the ending, which will shock everyone. Something stirred on the bench in the half-shade, and this time the young lady jumped in fright.

- A cat? - the thought that came so well, run away as if a frightened doe and was lost among her sisters. - It's really a cat.

The fright had passed and the girl, removing her headphones, came closer to the animal. The big furry domestic predator paid no attention to the approaching young woman. He only jerked his ear, driving away an invisible fly. His brown wool in the light of a lantern seemed to be embroidered with gold threads on a tapestry. It wasn't tangled or dirty, no scratches were seen so usual on stray cats. It seemed that some unknown forces transferred this cat from a luxurious apartment, from a silk pillow to this ordinary dirty city park on a bench with a shabby paint. When (Y/N) came at arm's length, he finally decided to turn around. His emerald eyes flashed with interest, exactly like humans.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you," the young lady whispered softly, fearing that cat'd run away. As soon as the sound of her voice touched the triangular ears, the animal rushed from its place and jumped off the bench into the darkness. The girl sighed, and before her breath had disappeared into the silence of the park, he hopped back onto the bench, as if he had been there all the time. Gracefully plucked eyebrows flew up, risking to get entangled in strands falling on girl's forehead, the culprit only snorted mockingly and laid down in a relaxed pose where he sat. With even greater caution, she extended her hand to him and relaxed only when her fingers touched the soft and warm fur. He only jerked his ear, but had nothing against timid stroking on the back.

"And how did you end up here?" - (Y/N) tried to find the collar among the thick strands of fur, but found nothing. All this became weirder and weirder. Despite the fact that stray dogs ran in packs in this park, the cat showed no signs of concern. And just at some distance, barking and howling was heard. Crowds of goosebumps ran across the back of the young lady. They didn't attack people, but the girl wasn't worried for herself, but for the cat, who, it seemed, didn't care.

The young writer was an ardent cat lover and once in a thunderstorm and terrible rain took a whole box of kittens to her home. As a result, after a couple of weeks, they were all sorted out by friends and acquaintances, but it was terribly difficult to give away cute lumps of fur - even in this short time, she managed to get very attached to them.

A new bark explosion brought her out of her thoughts, this time it sounded much closer than before. The worry grew and, concluding that the cat, so calmly allowing itself to be stroked, most likely wouldn't refuse to ride in her arms, the girl tried to take him in her arms. But this attempt was unsuccessful because, with truly feline grace, the animal twisted and looked at the arrogant violator of his cat's calm. A couple more attempts ended the same, except that the "victim" now decided to defend himself and brandished a clawed paw in front of him.