Owl

Сhirping, tweeting and other bird sounds were heard all around. Birds of all types and sizes jumped, flew and played with each other in a variety of cages lined up along the walls. You could get deaf from all these sounds. (Y/N) walked along the corridor accompanied by a worker of shelter.

- Owl cages are at the end. They are nocturnal birds, so in the evening we open the aviary for them to fly. You should also take note of this because most owls will disturb your sleep with their games and activities,' the man said, informing the future owner.

The girl barely listened to him, fascinated by the inhabitants of the cells that they passed by. Have an owl was her long-cherished dream, although most people dissuaded her, saying that the wild bird had no place at home and that it would destroy her entire apartment. The young lady always answered that she would be ready to forgive everything to such a lovely creature.

'Here we come.'

In this part of the building was much quieter. Only many pairs of yellow eyes stared on the guests from the shades of cages. Birds followed people closely. All except one. In a cage, a little smaller than the rest, an owl was sitting on the bar in the very corner. His eyes were tightly closed and it seemed that he was sleeping. Under the crossbar laid a small shabby pillow, on which several feathers were scattered.

'Is there something wrong with this one?' unusual behavior of the feathered, attracted attention of (Y/N) and she couldn't resist urge to question. In the silence of the room, her voice sounded like thunder.

'Shhhh,' her guide pressed his finger to his lips, calling for silence, and moving closer to the cage. Then, in a whisper, he said: 'Wait a while, now something very funny will happen.'

The intrigued girl approached in order to have a better look at the owl and don't miss the details of that very funny thing. And it wasn't long in coming. The mighty nocturnal predator really fell asleep on his crossbar, but, asleep, apparently forgot about the balance, swayed a little and fell on the pillow, throwing up the feathers lying on it. The young lady expected the owl to wake up from this, but he only turned on his side for greater comfort, continuing to sleep. Not holding back, she burst out laughing, trying with all her might not to laugh in a voice.

'How long has he been doing this?' through laughter she asked a keeper.

'From the moment he got here. He used to live with a parrot, but he was too noisy and playful. Therefore, now he's "sleeping off" and it is very rare when he can be seen awake, and he doesn't fly out of the cage even at night, even if all the rest rush out just to open the door.'

'Can I take him?' this idea came to the girl suddenly, she completely forgot that she wanted a playful and active feathered friend.

'Yes of course. I think he will be happy to have a new home. But may I ask, why him?' the worker gave her a surprised look.

'You can call it love at first sight,' she said, and smiled back.

The girl handled surprisingly quickly the papers' signing and other necessary routine, and, after listening to a whole lecture on how to care for owls, what to feed them, and receiving a lot of practicals advices, she was finally able to pick up her new pet. The owl himself clearly didn't understand why he was woken up, put in a box and carried somewhere. He pressed his head into the shoulders, not without fear and curiosity, looking around and looking out of the slits on the sides. After several minutes of observation, he became convinced that no danger threatened him, so again he fell asleep from the gentle swaying of the box in hands of (Y/N).

Sometimes throwing glances at the new and so desired pet, the girl hurried home. The road didn't take much time and in a short time, she put the box on the table in her room and opened it. But, as expected, no one hurried to fly out. The young lady put her hand inside and, carefully taking a small feathered body, pulled the owl out. And in response, she received a look full of misunderstanding from round eyes.