50/50 Chance

Wednesday // 8:01 pm

Castiel hesitates a moment. He had been marked a trouble maker for attempted escapes, but at this point he has lost his hope. He doesn't think he can ever escape this. He nods. "Yes, sir."

Dean nodded and grabbed Castiels forearm to pull his tied wrists closer to him before slipping the knife in-between Castiels wrists and cutting the zip-ties away in one slice.

Dean then threw the extra away and glanced at how his wings were still tied together, he then placed his rough skinned hand on Castiels thigh, "I'm not gonna cut your wings free, yet..." Dean stood up and ruffled Castiels hair a little before going over to the fireplace to grab the axe. He held it in his hands and examined it, thinking about what Castiel and his 'master' had said... "Why have people returned you Cas?"

Castiel keeps his face blank even though the hand on his thigh makes a spark of fear go through him. He doesnt let his relief show when Dean gives him space. He still doesnt know why this guy purchased him, and it's scary. But he has learned to hide his feelings. "I tried to escape, sir," Castiel answers, looking at the ground and deciding not to lie.

Dean nodded, "I'm glad you told me the truth Castiel..." Dean then turned to him and held up the axe a little with a firmer grip in both hands. "I hope I can make it clear that I'm a hunter—now— and can easily find you and defend myself if you try anything 'funny'..."

Even for Castiel, it's a work of effort not to flinch at the way Dean looks at him while holding the axe. "They have restricted my abilities, there is not much I could do," Castiel murmurs. Without most of his abilities, he doesnt feel like himself. He is still strong and resilient to normal damage, but he is much less powerful than he was when he was free.

Dean nodded and began heading toward the door, "I'll be back, I gotta get your tools from the trunk— The bathroom is the first door on the right." Dean then left the cabin with the axe.

Castiel walks into the bathroom, closing the door and feeling the sting of tears in his eyes. He hates this. Hates going from place to place, being forced to do things. But he has no choice. The first times he tried to fight it, now he has just accepted it. He runs cold water over his face and tries to clean off the cuts on his face and arms inflicted on him by the owner of the shop. He sighs and dries his face off before stepping back out and sitting on the couch again, keeping his eyes on the ground.

Wednesday // 8:09 pm

Dean came back with a small black duffel bag and placed it on the wooden coffee table which made a loud sound. Dean then stood up straight and narrowed his eyes, closing the front door behind him. "From what's in this bag... I didn't expect what I saw. So tell me— Do you like what's in here?"

Castiel once again doesnt flinch at the sound of the bag hitting the table, keeping his eyes downcast still. "I do what I am told." Liking has nothing to do with it. He either obeys or gets hurt, so obey it is.

Dean huffed and put the axe back against the fireplace wall on the ground. He began to clap his hands loudly with the first three words, glaring down at Cas, "Look at me! Let me rephrase— Will you get distracted if I use some or throw them out?"

Castiel's eyes immediately snap to Dean, another small spark of fear filling him. He hides it though, the only indication is his heart rate picking up. "You own them, you can do what youd like with them, just as you own me." He hopes to avoid a punishment by saying the wrong thing, but no one asks him questions usually and he isnt sure how to respond. Orders are easy, you just follow them and dont get punished. Questions are hard because there is a 50/50 chance you'll say the wrong thing.

Dean sighed and went around the table to crouch down in front of Castiel again. He looked into Castiel's eyes with his beautiful green ones as he gently placed a hand on his cheek to say in a calm and low voice, "I'll appreciate the truth from you— not what I want to hear. My job is to survive and make your job less hard on yourself," Dean shook his head, "I can't help you if you lie... understand?"

Castiel keeps his eyes on Dean even though he wants to look down, the command ringing in his mind again. Before, he would have felt a rebellious fire in his chest. But after the last few owners, that fire has been put out. The hand on his cheek is the first touch that hasn't hurt that he has felt in a long time and he isnt sure how to react. "Yes, sir," Castiel whispers.

Dean nodded, "So, let me ask again... Do you like what's in that bag? Will it distract you if I use them?"

"Which items did they give you?" Castiel asks quietly. It's different every time and he never knows what to expect from an owner.

Dean took his hand off of Castiel and opened the bag to show him, it was filled with black and grayish metal gadgets and sex toys.

Castiel looks them over and quickly away, old fear twisting up again, hidden behind his mask. Dean wants to use these, presumably on Castiel. He had hoped that maybe he would be stuck doing manual labor or anything else. But he can endure this, like he does everything else. "You can use them." He brings his eyes to Dean again, like he was told to.

Dean nodded and pulled out a black leather collar. He walked behind Castiel to slip the collar on. Locking it into place where it was tight enough that it wasn't gonna slip off but loose enough so Castiel could breathe. He then searched through the items but shook his head. He then went into the small kitchen to pull a small electronic device from a drawer and went back over to Castiel.

Crouching down and grabbing Castiel's left leg, he began to attach the device to the angels ankle as he spoke. "It's a tracker. It doesn't do anything but track where you've been throughout the day... I don't like shockers too much..."

"Yes, sir," Castiel responds. The collar is looser than usual. It isnt digging into his skin and cutting at it, nor is it one with spikes designed to dig into his throat. Then a thought occurs to him. This man has trackers and knows about shockers and everything...

"Are there others here as well?"