Time to run

Rick pov

I get away from jadis with all my clothes back and race to the sanctuary, I climb on one of the cell towers, I get my gun ready but I freeze when I see the sanctuary

All of the walkers....gone...all the people...gone.

"North...West...south...report". I don't hear a response, I climb down the tower and meet jadis and her people at the bottom, we run up to the building to search for people, but we immediately get gunned down, i run and duck behind a truck for cover, "jadis!...it's coming from the window...we hit it and fall....back." I stop when I see jadis and her people running in the opposite direction, i hear a van pull up, shots still ringing, I see carol and I hop in the car, me, jerry, and carol all race out of the sanctuary,

Flashback

"Your gonna live dad....why are we doing this?" Carl asks me as we walk down the empty road together, "why are we fighting them?" He continues "so it isn't like they want it, with everyone working for them, everyone living for them?" He stares at me "we're fighting so it's all of us working together...for something more than just killing other people." I turn to him "well, you think we're gonna be out there, picking strawberries with negan?" I take a deep breath  as Carl answers "if that's what it takes.....it's more than just hope." He waits to see if I'm gonna answer "what, are we just gonna kill all of them? Finding some way forward, that's harder. That's something more. Dad, that's how it's gotta be."
End of flashback

Enid pov

"They have to talk to us, right?...after coming all this way?" Aaron's focus on the road turns to me "sorry....I was just-" I look at the road and back at him "what?"
He keeps staring at the road "uh...Eric and I used to take trips like this...back when we were looking for people, to bring to Alexandria. We drove to the hilltop just a few days ago and....helped armor those cars. He was always right there, where you are now. I was just...remembering that" I look over "I'm sorry." He keeps his focus on the road "i just need to make sure he died for a reason. Tell me what you were saying?"
"I was, uh...I was just thinking about Oceanside. Wondering if they will talk to us" Aaron looks over to me "I hope so..we got to try not to scare them, Tara said that up until her, they killed on sight... it's going to be a risk...we need them to be a part of this..we just need to convince them. We have to." My focus now stays on the road "we should've brought guns for them-" Aaron quickly cuts me off "we have to hold on to those guns" I look over at him "I could give cyndie mine." He looks at me confused "you're gonna need your gun, Enid." I look back out the window "right.....I just want it to end before that." He keeps on leading down the narrow road "I do too." We sit in silence for a couple seconds until Aaron looks over at me "you know how to drive?" I smile and let out a nervous laugh "uh..yeah...well, sort of. I'm better than Carl anyways" I giggle as Aaron comes to a stop and we switch places and I start driving down the road and take a left turn, down a long road, "why are we turning...we're supposed to be going straight." Aaron stares down at the map as I look at the road "uh, I just want to check something out....maybe it's just about getting them something that you use?" He chuckles a little and keeps staring at where I'm going, "you're right. We can't show up empty handed....social graces" I giggle and continue down the road past a sign labeled 'Roanoke way distillery'

Michonne pov

We left the sanctuary a couple hours ago and we get to where Carl brought Judith, I sit next to her "I'll be back soon...and I'll bring your daddy, too, okay?" She stares down at her toy in her hand "can you say bye-bye?" She looks up and me with a smile and giggles "bye-bye" I get up and walk up to Daryl "hey" he nods "hey" I smirk "I'm glad you came back...it's better we go in there together." He nods "it worked. We roll in, tell them to give up. They're gonna give up" my smile fades "I'm sorry. I couldn't"  he walks off "don't be...it worked" 

Carl pov

I sit in the corner of my room back in Alexandria and write my letters, I fold up and label it 'dad' then I set it next to me with all the other notes and sit for a minute, I take a note from out the book in front of me 'just survive somehow' I stare at the note for a while,
———-

Rosita and Tara stack boxes outside, Carl sits inside still labeling his letters, Rosita takes the boxes out of the truck "did you go by that warehouse?...did you find any ammo?" Rosita sets down a box "no...nothing heavy...just some stun grenades, smoke grenades....air horn..probably for redirects." Tara looks over in the truck, "cool...well after they surrender, we should use this stuff to redirect the herd. We should take it with us" Rosita picks up a box and hands it to Tara, weighing Tara's arms down, Rosita keeps stacking boxes in Tara's arms "not to heavy?" Rosita smirks, tara shakes her head "not at all" she groans as she carries the 6 boxes over to another truck,