"...Pregnant?!" I screamed, dropping the positive pregnancy test.

"Oh god." I groaned, Stumbling out of the stall and snatching my backpack off the ground, the second i got outside i felt bile rise in my throat and threw up for the third time today, i wiped my mouth again and turned to leave, a walker grabbed me and tried to bite me, it knocked me on the ground and fell on top of me, as I struggled to get my gun from my holster, his mouth kept getting closer and closer.

i froze when his growling suddenly stopped, i watched a knife as it was pulled from the side of the walkers head, i pushed it off me and saw a girl, she looked about 18, i backed up, holding my hand over my gun, "I'm not gonna hurt you," she put her hands up.

"Who are you?" i asked, "I'm Emma." she replied, she held out her hand to help me up, i grabbed her hand and she pulled me up, i saw the fresh blood on her shirt, and it wasn't from a walker, she noticed me back up.

"Oh, i didn't kill anybody." she clarified, i saw tears swell up in her eyes, "Lost my brother to a group of walkers a couple miles from here." she mumbled, rubbing her arm, i nodded, "i'm sorry," she looked up, smiling. "It's fine."

"where you headed?" she asked, "I'm not sure," She nodded, "same here. Wanna keep each other company until we find a place?" she asked, i nodded, this girl seemed so sweet, i know i shouldn't trust people I've just met but she was so young and scared.

-2 weeks later-

I've been with Emma for 2 weeks now, she's a nice kid, i don't know how she manages to keep smiling after all she told me she's been through, i didn't tell her about the places around here for us to go because i couldn't dare go back there, i couldn't get any of them hurt, or worse.

i wanted to go back, god i want to go back so bad, but i just can't. i have to protect emma now, we found a small cabin 2 days ago back in the woods. once i finally got over the shock of my pregnancy i decided to tell emma, god, i'd never seen a smile so big, she jumped up and down and hugged me so tight i couldn't breath.

By now my pregnancy started to show, and I started to get less nauseous and get hungrier. I guess cause now I was eating for two, so me and Emma have gone on plenty of supply runs, hoping that there was more than just meat, I still couldn't stand the smell of it.

Emily would give me all the food she had that wasn't meat, she didn't mind eating meat, as long as she had food. I had no clue where we were by now, and I'd hoped that we weren't near Alexandrians or saviors.

The thought of the saviors sent a chill down my back, emily looked over at me, raising her brow, "You okay?" She asked, I kept my Gabe forward, forcing a smile.

"Yeah, just a cold drift." She nodded, finishing the last of her food bridge shoving the wrapper in her bag, "So, Any idea where we're at?" I shook my head, checking the area for walkers.

Something in the distance caught my eye and I froze, it was out in the woods, there was a clearing in the trees where I could see a fence with walkers chained to it.

"Maybe we should turn around," I spun around, walking in the other direction, "Wait, Wh-" I saw her look at the building, "A building! Maybe we could sat there for a couple days. Maybe there's some people there!" She gleamed.

Her smile faded as I grabbed her are and snatched her over to me, she saw a couple men outside the busking and snatched away, "Hey! You guys!" She yelled, swinging her arms in the air, they turned and saw her, immediately tasing their guns.

I grabbed emily by her arm and raced down the road, pulling her along. I heard a car start up and took a sharp turn, pulling emily with me.

We raced deep enough into the woods where we weren't visible from the road, I pulled her behind a tree with me.

She looked over at me, seeing the horror in my eyes, "You know them." She stared. My throat felt like it was closing up as the sound of trucks got closer and closer.

But thank god they passed and got further away, I waited until they were gone and let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding, collapsing against the tree.

Emily sat in front of me, "I've never seen you this shaken up...Who are they." That was the moment I decided...

I'm gonna tell her everything.

I'm really sorry! I haven't posted in months, I thought I had posted this chapter but it failed so now I'm im posting it, Also, HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! 🏳️‍🌈