tutoring

I stared at the large red "F" that was printed on my paper. My whole body cringed as the thought of not being able to pass this class loomed over me. How could this happen? I don't fail anything.

"The lowest score in the class was a 32 percent. The highest score was 98 percent, made by this young lady," the teacher announced as he placed her test on her desk. 

I could see her visibly shrink back in her seat, hiding away her tomato red face at the many eyes glancing her way. It's like she just shrivels up at the spot simply whenever receiving any sort of recognition. I then glared back at my test, and the "32%" mark that was circled at the top until an idea popped into my head. After waiting an agonizing amount of time for the bell to ring, I jumped up from my desk as casually as possible and strolled over to where she was neatly packing up her things. 

"Hey! Do you think I could ask a favor from you?" I questioned. 

She nodded, gently picking up her backpack, weighted with books and assignments, and placed both straps over her shoulders. It was a basic, plain, black backpack with three pockets. No keychains, no company or brand label, just an empty plastic water bottle stuck out on the side pockets, the recyclable kind.  "What did you need?"

"So, you see, I'm kind of at a low point with my grades, and I was wondering, since you're so smart, if you could maybe tutor me?" I stumbled on my words a bit. "And since we're neighbors I could even give you a ride to my house." 

"Of course, I'd love to!" She grinned. "Let me just call my parents to let them know." She dialed a number into her phone to talk with her parents. It was a Samsung. After a minute, her expression quickly changed to that of annoyance as her brows knit and her lips turned down ever so slightly. "Okay, so," she started. "Change of plans. My mom doesn't want me in the car with 'some random boy', even though we're neighbors, so I'll have to take the bus home. We'd also have to study at my house instead, is that okay?"

"Sure, that's fine I guess. Just text me when you get off the bus and I'll meet you at your house." I smiled at her and turned around to leave, until I felt a small and brief prod on my shoulder. I couldn't help but giggle when I saw she had so timidly poked my shoulder to gain my attention. As if she needed to do anything to make me think of her. So cute, I thought. 

"S-sorry but I don't have your number." 

.

I h8 this chapter lol