bedroom

To say the least, I was shocked at how completely and utterly bland her bedroom was. Not a trace of her soul was incorporated into it, and if before now you told me this was a room for privileged prisoners, I would fully believe it. The walls of the place were a barren white. Not a single picture frame, poster, award, or anything characterized it. Her bed contained two flattened, white pillows and a single duvet, neatly made. I wouldn't be able to spot any misplaced clothing or a speck of dust if I got on my hands and knees to search for it. Even her desk, although packed with books and papers, was precisely organized. 

"How is your room so clean?" I asked.

She shrugged and plopped onto her bed. "I get bored a lot here, so to kill time I just clean and organize everything." 

Then, my eyes landed at the corner of her room, where the 'legendary' violin sat comfortably in its case. Located on top of a wooden stool and next to a music stand, I picked up the instrument as carefully as possible.

"Ah, so this is the power of the iconic fiddle," I grinned, dramatically strumming some of the strings. 

"Here, hold it under your chin like this," she said, guiding my arm to hold the instrument in the correct position. 

"Ah- it hurts my arm, I feel like it's twisted wrong!" 

"That's because you don't know what you're doing," she giggled. "Here's the bow," she said, handing it to me. I took it from her before she screamed, "Wait, nono, stop!" 

"H-huh? What did I do?" I squealed from her sudden outburst. 

"Don't touch the hairs like that! Your nasty, oily fingers will ruin them," she replied, playfully rolling her eyes. She then gently took my hand and helped position them over the bow. Her left hand was calloused and blistered from practicing, yet her palm and her touch felt warm and addicting, I ended up longing for more when she let go. 

"Why can't I just hold it like this?" I said, moving my hand to wrap around the end of the bow in a more natural grip. 

"You're holding it like it's a baseball bat, silly."

"Well why not?" I said, internally hoping she'd position my hand for me again. 

"Okay, if you want to hold it like that so bad, be my guest," she grinned. "Try playing something."

Eagerly, I struck the bow against the strings, and the ugliest, screechiest noise that has ever managed to reach my ears sounded off. She gave me look as if to say 'wow, that was, not surprisingly, horrible', so I continued dragging the bow across the strings, randomly changing the notes and creating awful tunes to tease her. 

"I think I should start a solo career as a violinist," I joked. 

She burst into a fit of laughter at that.
It was a simple thing really, how her giggles created the sweetest sounds, and how it somehow spread the greatest joy to me as I joined her. She had the kind of laugh that was gentle and full of life, matched with a smile that brightened the whole world and blessed all the angels with each exhale. "Yeah, you totally could, Changbin." 

.

omg I updated twice today whatt