parents

My blood ran cold as I tried to keep my composure. The urge to run away right that second continuously nipped at my heels, but I resisted it. Anxious chills ran down my spine as her parents eyed me up and down.

Her father was a balding, scrawny, aged man, yet everything about him intimidated me. He glowered at me, formally introducing himself as I did. "Now, you're only here to study for school, correct?" His voice was scratchy, but not too deep, at least not as deep as the look of hatred he was giving me right now. "Just studying. I don't want any funny business between you two," He said.

I gulped down a nervous lump that clawed and tore at the back of my throat before nodding feebly. I wasn't sure why I was so nervous, but something within me kept telling me that I had to make a good impression on her parents.

"Alright, you can go now," her father dismissed.

"Thank god," she sighed as she ushered me to the stairs.

"Oh, and another thing," her mother added. "Do keep your bedroom door open."

"Okay, I get it!" she said, grasping onto my wrist and sparking a strange sense of electricity through my arm. She dragged me upstairs, face flushed red, before her parents could embarrass her any further. As for me, at least her touch calmed me down a bit from that intense trial I had to face and, hopefully, passed.

.

I'm very inconsistent with the length of my chapters lol