i love you

Hi guys, I was planning on writing this chapter earlier but I have been experiencing major writer's block lately. After rereading that previous chapter (competition) I realized that I really fuckin hated it. idk why I just despise that chapter. I might rewrite it sometime in the future, and maybe even this chapter (or maybe even the whole story lmao) but anyways we're just gonna roll with this for now. Thanks for reading this authors note, now let the final chapter commence!

also it's a little short and I'm sorry about that

I watched her with the biggest smile on my face as she ran around the froyo place trying out the various flavors. After the competition had ended, I offered to take everyone out to dinner to celebrate. Her parents declined, saying they needed to head home, so she and I just went to get frozen yogurt instead. 

"Changbinnie, this dragon fruit flavor is actually soo good!" She said, her eyes twinkling as she filled up her cup to the brim. 

After paying for the froyo, we sat outside the shop on a bench. The sky was crimson as the sun sank past the skyline. We silently watched as we ate. I glanced to the side at her and saw she was grinning to herself while shoveling frozen yogurt in her face. I couldn't help but think it was the cutest thing ever.

"Whatcha smiling about?"

"I dunno. I guess I'm just happy." She grinned even further. 

"Me too. I'm really proud of you for winning your competition by the way." 

"Thanks. Although... I guess I'm not really completely over my stage fright like I thought, which kind of sucks." 

I held her hand and smiled. "That's okay, these things take time. You've definitely gotten better about it, and the fact that you won despite your fear goes to show how strong you've gotten." 

"Yeah, I guess you're right." She squeezed my hand and turned her attention back to the sunset. 

After we had finished our frozen yogurt and walked around for a bit, it was sadly time to go home. We decided to take the bus, and as we hopped on our fingers were still laced together. 

The way back was quiet, but I was completely content with that as she was so exhausted from the day's events. She had placed her head on my lap and snuggled against me. She played with my hands as the empty bus rattled along the night fallen streets. I hung my head to the side, staring out the window at the moon. I pretended my stomach wasn't full of butterflies at the moment. 

I felt the urge to look at her beautiful features but resisted. Well, until I couldn't resist her any longer and glanced down, only to see she had already been staring at me as well. I smiled and she did the same. 

"What are you staring at?" I teased. 

"N-nothing," she stated, but still continued to look into my eyes. 

We sat comfortably for a while whilst I played with her hair. The silence of the bus was encasing us in our own little world. One where all I could think about was her

"H-hey," I started nervously. "I think... I think I'm in love with you."

Her eyes widened in surprise for a second, before she smiled brightly from ear to ear. At this point, I couldn't bear it any longer. I leaned down and pressed our lips together. She brought her hands up, tangling them in my hair and deepening the kiss.
She was the first to lean away, causing me to shift forward slightly, not wanting it to end, and not yet sure if she would accept me. 

She sat upright and brought her face close to mine, our noses practically touching. "I love you too, Changbin."