Its Getting Worse |7 2/2|

Warning this chapter is very much a vent chapter and has Triggering events such as a panic attack and small gore scene

Lisa held me for what seemed like forever, before I pulled on my prosthetic and we walked out into the living room, Lisa rubbing my back. Lake was crying and mumbling to a very confused Larry, she looked at me and started to sob, running at me and latching onto my waist.

I struggled to keep my balance, but eventually got my footing and held onto her. I'm glad she wasn't the one in the bathroom...

It took me a minute, but I saw that there was someone on the couch. I didn't know him, but he had short blue hair. This is obviously the guy Larry likes and he has blue hair too.

My hair is one of the only things I like about myself and now it just seems dull compared to his, I push a strand of my, now dull stupid, hair behind my ear frustratedly.

I take a deep breath and avoid the questioning from Larry, putting on a fake smile. "Hello there" I wave a bit, "I'm sorry for the scene I just caused. It must be uncomfortable" he chuckles and nods a bit, he just keeps staring at me...

I make my way over to him and hold out my hand, "I'm Sal, it's nice to meet you!" I try to say in a cheerful voice, but it comes out strained and scratchy. He takes my hand and shakes it a little.

Why am I being nice to him? ...it's for Larry...

"I'm Phillip. So what's with the mask?" I freeze at the question for a second and frown, pulling my hand from his quickly, "I-I'm sorry? ...That's not something I-" my heart was pounding against my chest, my breathing was rapid.

I hugged myself, my breaths becoming shorter.
"I-I'm sorry." I feel like I can't breathe.

Lisa has her arms open and is walking towards me and Larry's face is painted with anger and worry.

I back away from Lisa and race towards out the apartment, into the elevator. I grip my hair, and pull on it, tears streaming down my face. I fall to my knees as I watch the doors close, the last thing I see is Larry running towards me with and outstretched hand.

I curl up on the floor of the elevator, trying to him to myself and calm me down. Like Larry always does to me after a nightmare...

My choked breaths make it hard, I pull on my hair harder, tightly shutting my eyes.

I hear the loud ass ding and I push myself up and to my door, I tremble as I unlock it and shove the door open with my shoulder, stumbling in.

I somehow make my way to the bathroom, leaning all my weight on the counter. I rip off my prosthetic and throw it across the room, panting softly.

Staring at the ugly face in the mirror, I take a deep breath and scream, despite my throat killing me, pulling back my clenched fist and throwing it fast at the mirror.

There's a loud crash, flashes of red and pieces of glass fly everywhere, not breaking all of it, but just enough to shatter a good part of it.

I wince as I start to feel the stinging in my hand, bringing my hand away from the mirror and inspecting it. I watch as the crimson red liquid runs down my arm, small pieces of glass stick out of my skin.

I flash a weary smile at the sight, I was addicted to the pain. It gives me a distraction from my mental distress.

———————

I'm laying on my bed, staring at my ceiling fan, my mind completely blank. The white noise pricks at my eardrums, a calming feeling washing over me. My hand was cleaned and bandaged by yours truly.

There's a small static to my left and a low voice, "Sal..?" I let out a breath I was unknowingly holding, and roll over, picking up the small black box. The cold smooth surface, making my hair stand on end.

"Hi Lar..." my voice was worse than before,

"Come down please..."

"Yeah...okay."

I'm up on my feet, I'm wearing a big jumper, pajama pants, and some fuzzy socks. I shrug and make my way down the stairs since I don't want to deal with the elevator right now.

I get to the familiar door, knocking three times. The door opens and Larry's face pops into view. "Sal...why are you crying?"

I reach up and touch my cheek, I was crying...I hadn't noticed...

O-Oh god...  I reached up to cover my face, i forgot my Prosthetic...

My arms were pushed down from my face, "man..." I stared up at Larry, his eyes were sparkling and a soft smile danced across his lips, "you look fucking metal..." his cheeks dusted a light pink and he rubbed the back of his neck.

The tears came harder this time, he didn't look away...he said I looked cool...

The warm feeling in my chest returns as I throw myself into Larry's arms. He wraps them around me and holds me tight.

What is this man doing with my heart..?