Competition... |13|

Larry's POV

I shot straight up with a gasp, waking up from that horrible nightmare. I can hear my heart in my ears. Everything is spinning, I can't think straight and I can't get the image of Sal in that beautiful dress out of my head.

I glance to the side, where Sal is sleeping peacefully, his electric blue hair falls over the pillow delicately. His beauty is always so effortless...he's so pale and gorgeous, I feel that if I even kiss him I might break him.

Wait...kiss him? Where did that come from??

"Larry..?" I hear a voice call out to me, I turn to look, to match the voice to the face. The other blue boy stares back at me.
"Phillip...you didn't go home?" I rub my eyes to see him more clearly.
He frowned and sighed softly. "Larry...of course, I didn't go home." He scoffed softly, "you know, sometimes you can be so clueless..."
I tilt my head in confusion, swinging my legs off the side of the bed.
"Larry...we need to talk."

!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!

I stare at him, the dim lighting of the hall makes him look dull, I hate that. I don't want him to look dull, he's amazing, he should look amazing...so why does he look dull now?? When he usually looks so...ugh- I'm even confusing myself...

"Larry...I need you to listen to me. Don't try and argue yet, just listen and try to see it from my perspective..." he says in a soft voice, "please."

I just nod a little in agreement.

"So..." he started, "Sally is a wonderful guy, from what I've heard and seen so far...other than his bad smoking habit." He chuckled dryly. "And...I don't mind that he's your best friend, but..." his voice trailed off.

I cocked an eyebrow at him and he cleared his throat. "I feel like I'm competing with him...for you." He chuckled sadly, "and it'd seem like I have a fair advantage because I'm your boyfriend but..."

A frown spread across his face, "I shouldn't have to compete to be your boyfriend, especially not with your best friend." He had tears running down his freckled cheeks at this point.

He fruitlessly wipes at his tears. "And of course you're closer to him than me, I mean he's your best friend and I'm not trying to replace him or change you." He pulled his sleeve down, pressing it to his eye. "A-And it just seems like I'm the least important person in your life..." his words were turning more and more into whimpers and sobs, and soon enough I couldn't even understand a word he was saying.

I sighed softly and wrapped my arms around him, rubbing his back. I felt him gently grip onto my shirt, "Larry." He said in a soft voice, I move my head to look down at him. "Yes..?" I say surprisingly flatly, am I being sympathetic at all?

"I need to know how you really feel...about me and Sal...I don't want your love to be a competition." He hummed and laid a small kiss on my cheek. "I'm gonna give you time to think about it..."

I give him a small smile and he gently squeezed me, before slowly pulling away from our embrace. "Text me..." he says with a sad smile as he makes his way down the hall.

I pull at my hair frustratedly, eventually getting it up into a bun of some kind. "Now I have this to deal with..." I groan, rubbing at my face. I feel two freezing yet gentle hands grab my wrists.

I look down to see two crystal blue eyes staring up at me. "Sal..?" I frown, "why are you out of bed..? You could've gotten hurt. You should've waited-" as I'm scolding him like a mom, he just slowly wrapped his arms around me.

"Mmf...You looked like you needed a hug..." he mumbled out in a soft voice. I let out a soft sigh and finally gave into the embrace, hugging him tightly.
"Thank you..." I mumble, feeling him gently rub my back.

"Of course, Larbear...anything for you."

Sorry for the long wait on this one! And thank you all for being patient with me, I've been lacking motivation and it's hard to push through writing updates with almost no motivation. I hope you have a lovely day y'all. 💕💕💕💕