Girl Meets World

"Why do we have to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?" Riley, Maya and I were talking on Riley's bay window.
"You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?" Maya, my sister, wasn't sure if Riley was ready for this.
"I think I'm ready."
"Let me see your face as you walk by your parents." I said to her. She pulled a ridiculous face that looked like fear.
"Why are you making that face at us, Riley?"
"Because I'm sneaking onto the subway. - Out the window. - Let's go."

We all started leaving through Riley's window until Riley's dad started bringing us back in.
"Daddy, what are you doing here?"
"Being smarter than me. How come you're always smarter than me?"

"Here's what I'm thinking." Mr Matthews told us. "It's not your world yet. It's still my world. Because if it was your world, Maya and Aiden would have you on the subway already, thinking you put something over on me. But you didn't. Know how I know? Look at ya. You're right here."
"How long do I have to live in my father's world?"
"Until you make it yours. Riley, do you know what I want more than anything? Go ahead, make it yours."
"I will. And when I do will you still be there for me?" Riley's mum then walked into the room.
"Right here. We'll be right here."

We left Riley's room through the bay window and walked onwards towards the Subway, which we very soon arrived at.
"Weasel!"

"Maya! Aiden!- Who's the new chick?" Me and Maya met Weasel about a year ago when we first came here. "Chick"! Down here I'm a chick. No wonder my parents don't want me on the subway."
"You're slouching, Maya. Always looking good though Aiden"
"Thanks, Gretchen." We both took Riley by the arms and dragged her onto the Subway train on the way to John Quincy Adams Middle School.

Riley started to put on some lip gloss.
"Whoa, Riley. You don't do lip gloss." I laughed at Maya's comment.
"Oh, what I forgot to mention is that I'm completely reinventing myself. I ride the subway now, I have kiwi lips now and I'm just as cool as you now." I saw Maya looking at the other seats on the subway, and she turned back to Riley.

"Yeah? Let's see how cool you can be when you look at him." I looked at the guy she pointed at and I felt a skip in my heart. This guy was perfect. Everything about him was amazing. I turned back to Riley who was looking at us with the weirdest smile.
"Yeah gonna need some lessons. Okay, let me show you everything you need to know about boys and girls." Maya started walking over to the mystery boy.

"Hi, I'm Maya. You're really cute. We should hang out sometime. You make me happy. You don't pay enough attention to me. This isn't working out. It's you, not me. We can still be friends. Not really." She walked back over to us and turned to Riley.
"He's available. We just broke up." She  pretended to be sad.
"Are you okay? Do we need to talk about it?"
"You still want to be like me?" Does Maya actually notice me?
"I want to be exactly like you and Aiden. I think too much and you two don't think at all." At least I exist to Riley.
"See, you get me. So let's not think." She took Riley's hand from the pole and she fell backwards and landed in pretty boy's lap.

"Hi. We were just talking about you. You used to go out with my friend Maya." I couldn't help but laugh at the moment. It was too cheesy.
"I'm Lucas." Dream boy had a name.
"I love it." Lucas placed her in the seat next to him. After this, a woman came in the subway and turned to them.

"Perhaps someone would like to give their seat to someone older?" Lucas offered to move but she stopped him.
"Oh, not you, sweet potato pie." She turned to Riley and she turned to the woman.
"Please don't make me move. I just want to see where this goes." She tried her pouty face. It always worked on me but not on the woman.
"I've just worked a 12-hour shift and I just want to see where this goes."
"Mmm-kay." Riley walked back over to us.