Girl Meets Boy

We were at school and I was sat with Lucas whilst Maya and Riley were over near the lockers. I looked down at his phone and saw he was messaging Riley.
"Lucas really?" I was honestly astonished at him.
"What?"
"Riley is right over there. Just go and take to her."
"Nope."
"Whatever." He went back to his phone and I watched as Riley came over. Finally.

She came up behind him and mouthed 'Hi' and he was still there messaging people on his phone. Riley turned to Maya and then turned back to Lucas and... smelled him? She went back to Maya and we all finally headed to History.

"You guys don't connect with each other. It's like you can't exist without these. You use emoticons rather than emotions. You're an unfeeling generation of zombies." I turned to Maya and Riley and we all made zombie noises.
"Stop eating each other."

I watched as Serene Myzell entered the classroom. She was a really nice girl.
"You're late, Miss Myzell."
"My goldfish died," she said almost emotionlessly.
"You see? This is what I'm talking about. Miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss. Yet she does not seem in touch with her actual emotions." She looked at him sarcastically.
"Scuze me? I am crying my eyes out. I'm gonna have to leave class early." She took herself out of the classroom. She actually made it out of the door this time.
"Oh, she actually made it out the door this time," Mr Matthews said basically copying my thoughts.
"I actually made it out the door this time!" She laughed at herself and I laughed too, high fiving her as she took her seat near the back.

"Dad, adjust and deal. Cellphones have been around for, like, ever." She has lived in a world where it was all technology even though some people still have house phones that stick to the wall.
"It'll amaze you to know that there was a whole world before you and cellphones."
"And it'll amaze you to know that I have 394 friends in here."
"And I'm amazed that you believe that."

"This is a timeline of all human existence. Starting here is everyone who ever lived, laughed, loved, and understood the value of life. The cellphone era, which begins right around here pretty much destroys all of that. Way to go, you."

"Sir, if I may take a different position?"
"Yeah, save me, Mr. Friar. Do I go too far?"
"Always, sir. I understand your point, but I use my phone to video chat my old friends and to find out what's going on in Texas." I laughed at Lucas and had to make a comment.

"Yeah. How else can he keep tabs on all the hoedowns and cattle pageants?"
"Aiden!"
"It's okay, Riley. I'm unaffected by Aiden's views of country life. As my Uncle Buster always says, "be like an eagle and soar above the mockingbird."
"You're the mockingbird," she told me.
"I know," I turned to Lucas. "It kills me that I can't get to you."
"Sorry, sir."
"Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo."

"Farkle time, sir?"
"Oh, I love Farkle time."
"With all due respect to history, Mr. Matthews, what's important to our generation will be on this side of the timeline, when Farkle, Aiden and technology rule. And I will easily be able to make another one of you,"
He pulled a hair from Maya's head.
"Another one of you," he pulled one from Riley's. "Ow."
"And another one of you." and took one from my head.
"You are dead," I said to him and he just smirked and winked at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Wait, so now there's six of us and one of you?"
"That's awesome. The future you can't escape it. I am Farkle!" Farkle bowed and then returned to his seat.
"The assignment you can't escape it. I am teacher!" I laughed at Mr Matthews.

"Okay, so here's what we're going to do, guys. We're going to split into teams and discover whether or not new technology has made us better people. You'll do presentations on your findings. And here's a twist no computers."
"What?!" Me and Farkle spoke I  unison.
"We're going old school. You're going to do your research at the New York public library." I didn't mind this since I go there to focus anyways.
"Where?!" As if they don't know that there is a library in New York.
"And here's another twist because I trust you not at all give me your cellphones."
"No!"
"Yeah. Come on, hand 'em up, hand 'em up. Thank you, thank you." Everyone handed up their phones,except me and Maya since we didn't have any phones anyways.