Aiden Meets Billy Ross

I woke up and noticed Maya wasn't even home. Just great. Mum went to work about an hour ago so I just scrambled out of bed and went to the kitchen.

I saw a note on the table so I read it.

Morning Aiden,
      Mum went to work and I left to go to Riley's and I know you are not happy with us at the moment but I don't want us to be like that. As one of my many 'sorry' presents, I made your favourite. Please come round later, we need to talk.
              Maya x

I looked in the fridge and noticed she had told the truth. I pulled out a wrapped up stack of pancakes, crispy bacon and two eggs, sunny side up, with a spoon of butter that was placed on top that had started to melt over the pancakes (before solidifying again), with a side of maple syrup. This must have been the entirety of Maya's allowance. I placed the plate on the table and I started to eat, knowing how sorry she must actually feel.

I pulled a few dollars out of my piggy bank and used it to get a subway to Riley's apartment. The ride was not long but it was long enough for something pretty great to happen. I got on and a guy came and sat next to me.

"Hey, you are Aiden right?" The guy was pretty manly, straight for sure but I just went with the flow.

"Yeah, I am. Sorry, I don't actually know your name," I explained to him, feeling pretty dumb.

"Don't worry about it. I'm Billy. Billy Ross." I smiled at Billy and he smiled back.

"Well it's nice to meet you Billy," I said to him. He started to tell me a little about himself. I found out that he is actually in my History class so I felt so dumb for not knowing who he was. It got close to my stop so I stood up, ready to leave.

I felt someone grab my hand and I turned around to notice Billy placing a piece of paper into my pocket. He noticed I was confused so he addressed what he was doing.

"It's my number. Use it." He winked at me and the doors closed, separating Billy Ross from me and the rest of the world. The subway started to move and I picked up the number that was in my pocket and smirked.

I walked another mile to Riley's and it wasn't long until I reached it. I pressed Riley's buzzer.

"Riley, it's Aiden. Let me up." I heard Riley squeal and she buzzed me up.

I ran up the stairs and into Riley's apartment. Riley and Maya ran up to me and hugged me without letting me go.

"Aiden, we are so sorry for making you feel invisible. We never want to make you feel like that ever again," Riley said, squeezing me harder, cutting off my respiratory system.

"Can't... Breathe..." I managed to get a couple words out whilst they were squeezing me. They got the picture and let me go, until I noticed the piece of paper had fell out of my pocket. Riley picked it up, about to give it back to me until she saw the phone number on it.

"Ooh, Aiden has someone's phone number," Riley Squealed at me.

"Who's the chick?" Maya and Riley don't know that I'm gay so I make up a lie.

"Oh, just someone I met on the subway here. They are actually in our History," I said to them. Not a lie, it's just withholding information from them. That information being their gender, that is.

"Oh my God, I bet it's Sarah. She can never take her eyes off you," Maya added, being her normal self.

The buzzer went off and Farkle came up into Riley's apartment. He walked over to me and gave me a hug.

"Aiden, I'm glad you are back. The last two days have been so weird without you." I smiled at Farkle and hugged him back, trying to hide the butterflies in my stomach. I kept trying to convince myself that it was just the light stomach spasms due to anxiety increasing.