0.2 𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘺𝘮𝘪𝘢

🅣 🅦 🅞

𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘺𝘮𝘪𝘢 𝘕 - the inability to identify and describe emotions in the self

𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘺𝘮𝘪𝘢
𝘕 - the inability to identify and describe emotions in the self

☂︎︎

FlashBack!
17 years ago

Johanna Hargreeves was a Creature of habit, she had a strict schedule that she abided by everyday. All of the children knew her schedule, all except her nemesis, Five.
The others knew, that Johanna claimed ownership of their home library from the hours of 5pm till 7pm.

On this particular day, the group of fifteen year olds had been sent on a mission to stop a museum heist.
They arrived back home at 7pm, and Johanna couldn't miss out on her nightly reading so she decided to 'change her schedule' but only for one night! She's not absolutely wild.

Unbeknownst to Johanna, five also liked to sit in the library every night but only after 8pm when all of the others had gone to bed.

Five Hargreeves was exhausted when he walked into the umbrella academy's library, he was soon irritated when he saw who was sat in his favourite chair. He peered over her shoulder, when he caught sight of what she was reading he smirked.

"You know, if Hargreeves catches you reading that..." the boy clicked his tongue
Whilst Johanna simply rolled her eyes.

In her hand was a copy of 'pride and prejudice' a story about love, a story that Hargreeves wouldn't allow her to read if he knew about it.

"What do you want five?" She all but growled.
Fives face held the same scowl as hers did but his looked cuter. At least that's what Johanna thought.

Neither one of the two kids knew when their rivalry began, all they knew was that they seemingly hated each other. One theory that Johanna had was that, they were too different. Five saw the worst things in life whilst Johanna chose only to see the best.

Almost like she had switched a filter on in her brain to only see good things, of course being apart of the umbrella academy...she saw a lot of things that wouldn't be classed as 'good'.
But she got on with it and simply blocked the thoughts from her memories.  However, fives brain didn't work like that, he couldn't just switch off his memories, every gory thing, every death he had ever witnessed was on a constant loop in his head 24/7. 

Of course, if you confronted five about it he would deny it. Every time. Five saw weakness as....well a weakness.
Johanna observed that most of the other teens, in the house , shared that opinion. A side effect from having Sir Hargreeves as a parent she assumed .
Luckily Johanna had experienced 'good parenting' before she came to live with the academy