Chapter Thirty Four

His eyes settled on Ananya surrounded by a bunch of people around her, as soon as he whipped his head towards the direction mentioned by DD. Various suspicions popped in his head. Where was this devil for so long?

The two men indulged in a conversation with Ananya moved aside, clearing his view. He saw red. FIRE.

She was dressed in fiery red gown, a colour that complimented her pale skin. Even though the colour was eye-catching and stood out, it still held a certain level of elegance and sophistication on her. The intricate lace work spiced up the look. Her shoulder blades called out the attention of on lookers with the off shoulder cut. With the loose bun, her slender neck was left exposed while a few strands of hair framed her face. She looked ravishing yet radiated professionalism.

Damn! How was he supposed to work now? The sudden urge to protect her was strong enough to make him doubt his own intentions. Was he wanting to protect her from the danger that surrounded her due to the murderer or from the men that ogled at her? 

Ananya, on the other hand, was indulged with people from renowned companies. Earlier she had been busy dealing with something crucial in the background, avoiding attention. However, she had then received a text from Aman stating that the Officer had asked about her to DD. So, she dashed out to the venue at the earliest only to have been bumped into these people.

As though sensing the unwavering gaze, she looked up and her eyes collided with the dazed ones. Her eyes barely paused at his for a few seconds and as always she looked indifferently at him. Then her eyes averted from his.

Though, on the surface, her eyes looked casual but it was far from the truth. Upon closely studying, Neil could feel that she held everyone under her scrutinizing gaze. With sharp intensity, she monitored her surrounding. However, nothing of that was noticeable to others. He would have been fooled as well had he not known her better. Though, he still didn't know a lot about her.

Silently observing their son, Shweta and Prakash could vaguely figure out the puzzle that had piqued up their interest.

Shweta let out a sigh, leaning her head onto Prakash's shoulder, as she huffed, "Thankfully, he seems to take interest in someone. I thought, I would never witness such a day."

"He seems to be in the initial stage," Prakash studied his son's actions. "And it's the most crucial and delicate stage, if I might just remind," he reminded his wife.

"I just hope that he doesn't screw up beyond repair," Shweta mumbled. "Rest, I can manage if he fails. Just in case," she already had the wheels of her brain rotating. After finally seeing her son falling in love, she was willing to help him in whatever manner she could.

After having briefly discussed the matter, they decided to deal with business matters. Of course, they would still keep an eye  at their son, just in case, if he needed their assistance. 

The fundraiser event kick started pulling in huge amounts as charity through various individuals and businesses. Combined with the auction that took place, it was definitely a huge success. They were already halfway through the night and the event was about done with. All that was left was an hour or so for socializing. This was yet another way of flourishing business networks and pulling in more funds for the various causes. Socializing over food and dance was the most common way. Exactly what the team had picked out. It would play out well with their plan. 

Ali, who had just settled the tasks on his list, approached Ananya. The music was soft and soothing, while the lighting was dim as though they stood under the moonlit sky. Grabbing the opportunity, he caught hold of her arm and pulled her onto the dance floor. His actions caught her off guard, making her frown. She threw an arched brow at him yet rested her arms around him as they swayed onto the rhythm, silently questioning his behaviour. Wasn't he behaving a bit odd recently?