Chapter Twenty Six

Annabelle's POV

We stayed like that for several minutes, both of us calming the other down before Jax finally felt comfortable enough to let go and look at me. "I really am sorry Annabelle; I rarely lose my temper like that and you just unfortunately had to witness one of the few times that I do. I promise I will be more careful in the future."

I sighed and shook my head but decided to stay quiet on the matter. He really didn't need to walk on eggshells around me and I honestly didn't want him to. I had overreacted, majorly, but I made a promise to myself that in the future I would try to never do that, especially when it was Jax.

"So" I muttered, getting back on track.

"Oh hang on" Jax muttered before his eyes fogged over for a second. Next thing I knew there were people streaming into the dining room, taking up any nook and cranny they could find. When did they even leave? Jax must have mind linked them all I guess. Well at least they didn't have a front row seat to my brief meltdown.

"Sorry I want the others to hear what you have to say, you may continue" he said as he smiled down at me.

I sighed before nodding my head, I was not comfortable in a room full of this many people, but I had to get over it. For Wills sake and for the sake of my parents and the rest of Jax's friends.

"So.. after I had been found out and h-held down" I stuttered "I was dragged into a room, away from your brother and forced to sit in a chair. They said they wanted to talk" I muttered. I felt really uncomfortable talking in front of this many people and I think Hannah, who was standing in the far corner of the room, knew because she suddenly piped up.

"Jax why don't you get us to broadcast her through the wolfpack mind link? That way Anna doesn't have to feel uncomfortable about talking to this many people she doesn't know but the information is still accessible to everyone?" Hannah suggested as she looked between me and her brother.

I smiled over at her, gratefully before looking up at Jax to see what he thought of the idea.

He thought about it for a moment as he weighed up the pros and cons, before thankfully nodding his head. "Good idea Hannah, dad if you could stay as broadcaster and Hannah and mum for moral support that would be appreciated, everyone else is dismissed for the night, we will reconvene first thing tomorrow morning in the pack hall." There was no mistaking the authority in his tone and before we knew it everyone had quickly emptied out of the house leaving just me, Jax, Hannah, Jackson and Emily.

We all settled into the sofas, now that there was room for us to do so, and I wrung my hands in nervousness.

"It's okay little mate, I've got you and I'm not going to let anyone hurt you " Jax stated as he took my hands in his to stop my fidgeting.

I nodded and took a deep breath before continuing. "It wasn't long before whoever we were waiting for turned up. I didn't know who he was, but by the way he spoke to everyone and how they reacted to him he seemed like the person in charge."

"So it wasn't Alpha Parker then?" Jackson butted in with a deep frown on his face.

I shook my head "no it wasn't him, he smelt like him though."

"Dad does Alpha Parker have a brother maybe? A brother we didn't know about? Or maybe that was his Beta? I mean who know what goes on in that pack" Jax asked his dad who had misty eyes from relaying everything I'd said through the mind link.

"Not that I know of son, but like you said, no one knows what goes on in that pack" he sighed.

Jax's sigh was his only response as he squeezed his hands that were still encaging mine. "Go on little mate".