Chapter Twenty Seven

Hi Guys! Hope you enjoy this one...

Jax's POV

I was standing on the stage in front of most of my pack as I watched them argue over what they thought would be the best thing to do. Some were saying to go to the elders and let them deal with Will's kidnapping and leave us out of it whilst others were saying to go in guns blazing and grab them.

Everyone was avoiding the elephant in the room though, the fact that everyone could be saved if we gave up our Luna, but there was no way that I was going to let that happen. She was my mate and the packs Luna, if she was to be taken then this pack would fall into turmoil.

I signed as I took in my pack members still yelling at each other and not allowing the other to speak, this was getting us nowhere.

"SILENCE!" I shouted, getting the attention of every individual in the hall. "There is no use in us all arguing. Myself, our Luna and Beta Xavier will take your suggestions under consideration but the main reason I called you all here today was to keep you all in the loop about what is going on and to give you a chance to have any of your questions answered."

"No does anyone else have any pressing questions they would like answered before we terminate this meeting?" I was met with silence, a clear indication that no one had anything further to ask regarding the matter at hand. They all knew what had happened to Annabelle whilst she was in her dream walk. I left it a few more seconds before announcing that the meeting was adjourned and that everyone was free to leave.

I sighed as I watched the last person leave the room and turned to find Annabelle watching me with curious eyes. I took her into my arms, needing the comfort of my mate after such a stressful meeting.

"Are you okay?" She asked, her voice slightly muffled by my T-shirt.

I nodded before kissing her on the head and releasing her "yeah I'm okay, just stressed".

"Don't worry, it will all work itself out soon" she reassured me with confidence.

I smiled at her confidence in me as I tightened my arms around her. "I know it will, I will inform the elders as soon as we're home to get the ball rolling on the rescue plan, but it's just weather we decide to organise an attack of our own that I'm thinking about."

"I don't think that's what she meant Jax" Xavier said as he stood up. I looked over at him confused to find him staring at Annabelle with a frown on his face.

I looked down at Annabelle, trying to figure out what he had seen that I had missed, but she had buried herself into my chest, hiding her face from me. "What does he mean Annabelle?" I asked but when she didn't answer I held her at arm's length. She looked guilty for some reason and wouldn't look me in the eye, what was running through that little mind of hers?

"You can't do it Luna" Xavier continued, talking directly to Annabelle "Jax wouldn't survive it and neither would the pack".

"I wouldn't survive what?" I demanded, feeling frustrated at being kept out of the loop.

Xavier stayed quiet as he continued to stare at her. She was now looking right back at Xavier with an almost pleading look in her eye, begging him to keep his mouth shut. "What the hell are you two on about!"

When Xavier saw that Annabelle wasn't going to say anything he sighed and looked up at me. "She's thinking about taking the offer they gave her. Her in exchange for the rest of the pack" he explained as he finally looked up at me.

I stayed silent for a moment, not knowing how to respond. She couldn't be that dumb, could she? But one look at her guilty expression told otherwise.