Chapter 3

Percy pov:

I walked from the camp grounds at the entrance of the woods, to the bus stop about a mile away. When I arrived there were two people already waiting there. I decided to wait with them; for if I was going to manhattan, with no scent, then I should at least act like a normal mortal.

About five minutes later two hunters arrived, they wore the standard silver hunting outfit and a backpack.

'The backpack is new.' I thought warily as the girls stopped beside me and waited. I recognized both of the hunters as; Thalia and Phoebe.

A few minutes later they started talking about makeup, and what a fun time they had with their troops, by the time they were getting to the subject of nature, a bus came down the road, it stopped.

We all boarded the bus, after some hikers got off it. When we got on, I took a empty seat at the front, and the hunters sat in the back. When everyone sat down the bus started moving forward, and after not too long: we were on our way to Manhattan. '

Finally some time for me to relax and enjoy life a little...

'As soon as I ditch the two little silver hunters.' I thought.

I kept on thinking of how to ditch them; when the bus stopped. I noticed that a bunch of people were getting up to leave and I took this chance and got up to leave myself.

Out of my peripheral vision; I saw the hunters stand up and follow the others. When I had gotten in line; we slowly got off the bus. When I finally got off of the bus I looked at my watch and faked a surprise look before running down the street and then turning to the left before I continued running down the block. After five minutes I turned and looked for the hunters. I didn't see them so I started walking and I let my mind wander.

When I finally snapped out of my thoughts I found that I was in Central Park. I noticed several monsters nearby but none of them seemed to pay any attention to me. I sighed in relief on the inside, but acted like I didn't see the monsters on the outside.

I was about to leave when I heard a scream. I stopped in my tracks and looked for who had screamed when I saw a group of monsters staring at a little girl. She had long black hair and and purple eyes. She looked to be about 10. I ran over to the girl running In between the monsters.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?" I asked.

The monsters around me started to glare at me, some even started to growl.

"Sir!.. Umm... I'm fine. I uh, just tripped. I'm fine so you should leave." She said glancing at the monsters around us.

"I'll leave in just a moment. Don't move from this spot ok?" I said.

She looked at me in confusion before I turned around. I uncapped riptide and swung it at the first monster who yelped in surprise before turning into dust. The next 20 minutes was a blur as I stabbed, ducked, dove, sliced, and kicked the monsters around us until they all died in puffs of gold dust.

I turned back around and gave the girl who was sitting in shock a crooked smile. My smile faded when I felt immense pain in my chest. I looked down and saw a silver arrow extruding from my chest. I looked back at the girl and said quickly

"Trust the girls they will take care of you. Also tell them Percy is dead."

I then turned my body to vapor and teleported myself to the jungle. When I opened my eyes, the arrow was still in my chest, I was at the edge of a lake. I grabbed the front of the arrow (which was in front of me because I was shot in the back) and pulled it out with a sickening wet sound.

'Typical. I get shot in the back by more people who have betrayed me.' I thought as I threw the arrow in the lake.

I then walked in the lake and allowed the water to heal me. When I got out; I saw a white circled scar from where the arrow was, only moments ago.

'Must be because the arrow was a silver arrow.' I reasoned before transforming to the beast, others called a wolf.

I let out a howl and ran through the woods. I came to a small clearing and looked at the moon. Tomorrow night would be a full moon. The beast would take control as soon as six o'clock rolled around. Around dawn I would be back in control.

'Gods have mercy on whoever finds me tomorrow.' I thought.

Thalia pov:

We were able to follow the man to the bus stop. Heck, we were able to stay with him; until he looked at his watch, after he got off the bus, and he ran down the street. When we finally got off the bus; our target was long gone.

Phoebe cursed. "Why can't men do what they're expected to do?" She said.

"Don't worry we won't lose him." I said. Phoebe looked at me in a look of curiosity and disbelief. I responded by pointing up. Phoebe looked up and saw one of our eagles flying overhead doing lazy circles, as it followed our target.

"We should start moving so that we can find him." I stated. Phoebe nodded her head and the two of us headed towards the bird. We finally found our target was in central park with a bunch of gold dust around him and what looks like a petrified girl Right behind him.

He turned around with a sword in his hand. I took a step forward to charge him for even thinking about hurting a girl who just killed a bunch of monsters, when I heard the twang of a bow string. A silver projectile flew past my head and hit him in the chest. He looked down then back at the girl. I ran as fast as I could toward the two of them.

'If he can survive an arrow for this long than she is seriously in trouble.' I thought.

When I got within ten feet of him he dissolved into nothing, the arrow disappearing with him. I got to the girl who was in shock.

By the time that Thalia had introduced herself and explained everything about the gods and the hunt Phoebe had arrived beside me.

"Did he do anything to you?" I asked.

She shook her head, no. I opened my mouth to ask another question when a flash to the right drew all of our attention.

Artemis pov:

Once we exited the house I located Thalia and Phoebe and flashed us all to them. '

Hopefully they have captured that boy.' I thought to myself, as we teleported to them.

When we arrived I saw both of the hunters in front of me with a girl; who was in shock and surprise.

"M'lady." Thalia said.

"Who is this? And where is the boy?" I asked.

"I am Toni." Toni said.

"The male left after, I shot him in the chest." Phoebe said.

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"We don't know. He just dissolved and wasn't here anymore." Thalia said.

There was a pause in the conversation, as I was thinking of what could have happened to the male when Toni spoke up."He... He told me to trust you guys and to tell you that Percy... Is dead."

There was a shocked silence. I looked over to the hunters.

"We need to find that boy. If he knows anything on Percy then we have to find him." I said.

My hunters nodded in agreement. We then teleported back to the camp site, along with my newest hunter Toni.

We arrived at the camp and started preparing for bed; when I heard a howl. I turned my head towards the sound.

'The wolf has returned' I thought.