Chapter 13

Dameion pov:

I awoke inside a tent which was really spacious seeing the empytiness inside the tent except my bed which was rabbit skins stitched over a foam pallet.

I got off my very soft and comfortable bed and stuck my head out the tent flap, I was curious. After my head entered the cool morning air I saw that I was in the hunters camp. None of them seemed concerned that I was in one of their tents, or they didn't notice me. After last nights events I think it was the latter.

I looked up and saw that it was early morning for the sun was barely peaking over the tree tops. I heard a horn blare to the north causing all the hunters to stop and run off in the general direction of the sound coming from the horn.

I was left at the camp alone, there were so many possibilities. I decided to use this time to separate myself from the hunters, some space would give me time to think and peace to my mind. I got up and started dragging the tent from the encampment to the stream. I eventually found the tree that I had I found the last time and put the tent down there. I then started securing the tent to the ground, for I knew how evil the hunters could be at pranking people. A few hours after my tent was secure there was a rustling sound outside.

I lifted my ears and listened from the inside of my tent. The rustling stopped and then there was the sound of soft feet hitting the floor. It got louder and soon stopped in front of my tent.

'My lord.' I heard in my head. There was silence as I waited for whoever he was talking to to respond.

'My lord!' The voice came again this time more urgent.

'My lord!' The voice said for a third time.

'Would who ever this guy is addressing as my lord please answer him! It's getting pretty annoying.' I thought.

'I was talking to you my lord.' The voice said right after my thoughts. There was silence before it dawned on me.

'Wait, you're talking to me?' I asked.

'Yes, my lord. May I come in?' The voice said.

'Umm... Sure?' I thought still kinda shocked about the whole mind thing. The tent flap opened and in walked a gray furred wolf. The wolf dipped his head to me in what I thought was a bow.

'Why do you bow to me?' I asked.

'Because you are our king.' The wolf stated while still in the position on its bowed head. He bowed slightly lower.

'Stop bowing. And I am not a king.' I said. The wolf in front of me stopped bowing and looked at me.

'You killed Lycone. That makes you the Alpha and king.' He stated.

'Ok. So if I'm king what am I supposed to do?' I asked.

'Your job is to tell us what to do and to make sure our race doesn't die out.' He said.

'Umm. Ok. How many wolves survived the battle?' I asked. His face seemed to drop.

'We have lost too many my lord.' He said. I paused before speaking.

'Do we have enough to make sure we survive?' I asked. He nodded his head. There was a pause as I tried to figure out what to do. 'how many of us are there?' I asked.

He paused to think about it. 'There are 40 if us left. 10 are critically wounded, 5 have gone missing, and 10 have left to form there own pack. Out of the 15 that are left; 5 are females, 7 are males, and the other 3 are just pups.' he said.

Once he finished a plan formed in my head. 'So what ever I say goes right?' I asked. The wolf looked weary but nodded his head.

'Good. I want you to go and tell the rest of the pack that the war between us and the gods is over.' I said.