Chapter 16

Dameion's pov:

I stood completely still as I looked down at camp, I stood there, until Thalia finally caught up to me. "What is up with you? First, you want to fight me, then you take off, and stop here-" she said before looking at the camp below us. "Why did you come here?" She asked.

I turned my head and gave her a look.

Thalia just sighed. "If you would change to human and talk maybe, we both could get what we want." She said.

I weighed the pros and cons before I changed into my human form. I stood up and looked over Camp Half-Blood. I started to scowl as I remembered how everyone hated me because of the stuff Chad did. What made me hate the camp, the most, was remembering the day I lost her.

It makes me so furious because I have no idea how I feel about her right now. I hate her for she was with my brother, but a part of me still likes her. I don't know if it's a friendship type of love or if it's love of my life love.

I turned around to Thalia who was looking at the camp sadly as if seeing this place brought back happy memories.

'Of course she has happy memories here; this is where she could hang with Annabeth, Nico, Grover, and myself.' I thought to myself.

I crossed my arms as I waited for her to start talking. "Where is Percy?" She finally said after five minutes of silence.

"He is dead." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't lie to me! There is no proof that he is dead, although there is evidence that he is alive. Kacie, saw him, Nico, hasn't felt his life fade, and Hades, can't find his soul in the underworld. So, where is he?!" Thalia said. She got louder toward the end of her rant.

"He is dead. He died a few weeks ago, when we met. I can't and won't tell you more than that!" I said as I glared at her. She crossed her arms and gave me a glare of her own.

"Then, why are you here? If you can't and won't help us, then why stay with us?" Thalia asked.

"Because, your goddess Artemis cursed me. I can't leave the hunt for long before I have an irresistible urge to come back. It can only be broken when Percy is found, heck, I can feel it now, pulling at my senses and I hate it so much." I said honestly.

"Then help us find him." Thalia said. "Or at least give us his location." She said trying to reason with me.

"I can't! I will not force him to go back to a life that he wants to forget." I said.

"Why would he want to forget?" She asked.

I just rolled my eyes at her and gave her a look that obviously said yah right. When she continued to look confused, I started to doubt that she actually knew. "You really don't know?" I asked her in a serious voice.

"Know what?" She said.

I was about to respond when I heard people singing about a grandmother and how she put on armor. I turned my head and saw that the campers were currently sitting around the campfire and were singing and enjoying each other's company.

I noticed some wolves were around Thalia's tree, so I turned back to Thalia telling her to go back to the hunt and I'll eventually return before transforming back into a wolf.

I howled and soon received Howells in return from the other wolves. I raced off into the forest to lose Thalia before running toward the hill.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Artemis' pov:

I was waiting in my tent-waiting for my lieutenant to return-when there was a knock on the poll.