Chapter 4

Percy pov:

I ran through the jungle before I smelled a doe. I stopped and sniffed the air.

The hunters were here in the woods too.

I didn't pay their scent much thought (for I was hungry and a nice plump female deer sounded delicious right now).

I followed the scent to a rather thick part of the jungle it was full of; trees and high bushes. I crept towards the doe and jumped on its back; when I was less than 5 feet from it, bringing it down to the ground. The doe tried to get up, but was stopped when I dug my claws into its side, pinning it to the floor. I quickly got on top of it and bit it's neck, breaking its spine, as I shook my head quickly. The doe went limp after that, I was about to start eating, but soon found out, I couldn't eat the doe. No one was stopping me from eating; but for some reason, I just couldn't eat it. I started sniffing it, when I heard a voice behind me.

"Can't eat it can you?" I jumped when I heard the voice behind me. I turned around to see Artemis standing behind me with her arms crossed over her chest. She was in her 12 year old form and was looking at me with a mix of curiosity, sympathy, and smugness. I crouched down low and let out a growl. "Unless you want to die I'd listen to what I have to offer." She said. I stopped growling but I didn't move from my stance. "Last night you killed one of my deer. Because you killed it you have been cursed. The curse will slowly kill you... Apparently by not letting you eat. Only I can remove the curse." She said. I continued to stare at the goddess waiting for her to continue. "I will remove the curse if you lead us to Jackson." She said. I turned my head to the left and growled quietly.

Why can't I catch a break? I thought angrily.

"Ah! You do know who I am talking about!" Artemis exclaimed. I turned back to her with a hard gaze. 'Do we have a deal wolf?' I heard in my head. I warily nodded my head. "Before I remove the curse you are going to wear this so that you can't run off." She said.

She then snapped her fingers and I felt something go around my neck. As soon as it appeared it started to burn. I let out a yelp and started trying to get it off. I started whimpering from the pain I was feeling. I fell on my side and tried to get it off. The pain was so great that after a few minutes I blacked out. The last thing I saw was a confused look on Artemis's face.

Artemis pov:

As soon as the silver collar was around his neck he yelped in pain. He started whining then fell to the ground and started thrashing around as if in pain. I looked at him in confusion before he passed out. I saw smoke rise from the collar.

It's as if he's... I stopped and snapped my fingers making the collar disappear. I walked over and saw a burn mark go around his neck where the silver collar used to be. Werewolf; I thought, I picked up the unconscious wolf/boy and put him over my shoulder; then headed back to my camp. When I arrived I was met by, Elizabeth.

"I see that you were successful in finding the wolf m'lady." Elizabeth said. I nodded and walked past her to the nearest available tent. I walked inside and saw that it was completely empty. I set the werewolf down and then put a collar and chain made out of celestial bronze on his neck. I took some extra time to make sure they were secure before I left him.

"Elizabeth, keep watch and tell me when he wakes." I commanded. She nodded her head then went in the tent. I turned and walked through the camp helping where I could before getting ready for tomorrow. For tomorrow we were going to be hunting Percy.

Percy pov:(dream)

I continued to walk from Camp Half Blood; not ever wanting to come back. I continued walking before I felt a tug, and felt myself disappearing. When I felt whole again; I saw I was in the throne room of Olympus. I looked around and saw Aphrodite sitting in her throne, I saw Thanatos standing, beside him was Hestia looking into the hearth; as she was tending to it.

"So Percy, did I not say your love life would be interesting?" Aphrodite said with a hint of sadness.

"Why? Why would you cause me so much pain?" I asked. My vision started to blur, with the tears that I was starting to shed.

Aphrodite sighed. "You and Annabeth were supposed to be together forever; after Gaea was defeated. Unfortunately that has gotten messed up... It is out of my power to fix it for reasons I can't tell you... I'm sorry." Aphrodite said. I was trembling with rage.

"SORRY!? SORRY!? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT FEELS LIKE? TO HAVE YOUR HEART TORN OUT OF YOUR CHEST!" I screamed in rage and pain at the goddess of love. "Yes... I do." Aphrodite said quietly.

"Percy!" Said a female soft and controlled voice behind me. I turned and saw Hestia behind me with her arms crossed as she glared at me. "You have no right to yell at her, and you know it." She said.

"She is the reason for why Annabeth left me!" I said pointing at the love goddess. "No, she is not." Hestia said. "Like she said 'It is out of my power to fix it for reasons I can't tell you'. She can't fix it to what it's supposed to be nor can she tell you why." Hestia said.

I was about to speak; when she spoke again. "Now I know you feel betrayed. I also know that you are looking for a place to belong so I am going to help you out a bit." She then reached into the fire of the hearth and pulled out a backpack. "This will get you started. Go to the coordinates on the map and I know It's not much, but you won't need it for long." She said before handing me the backpack and disappearing in a flash of flames.

I turned around to ask a Aphrodite what Hestia had meant, when I noticed that she wasn't there. I was wondering what I should do; when someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned around to see Thanatos behind me.

"Before you go I ask that you remember all that you have learned and I warn you that once the Olympians start looking for you, any help you can get will be needed." He said before turning around and starting to walk away.

"Thanatos, wait! I want to know something." I said. Thanatos stopped and turned back to me with an eyebrow raised. "Why doesn't your son ever speak?" I asked. Thanatos's expression went from curiosity to complete sadness.

"It's the curse that all my children bare. His curse is worse than what most of my children get. He doesn't speak because he can't." He said sadly. "Is that why he always is covered -from head to toe- in clothes?" I asked after a short pause. "Yes, unfortunately it is." Thanatos said before leaving the throne room.

I then pulled out the map and saw that the spot was not that far from Camp Half Blood. I put the backpack on my back, then started to head off. The Sun was setting; when I found the clearing on the map. It was small and well hidden. I thanked Hestia, before setting up my red tent and putting my stuff inside. I went to a nearby stump and relaxed; when I heard a growl, that sounded like a hellhound...

Percy pov(not dreaming):

I awoke and found myself in a tent. When I stood up I heard the rattle of a chain. I looked down and saw a chain going from my neck to a stake in the ground. I heard a zip from the front of the tent and saw the girl who originally tried to kill me while I was enjoying the deer.

"Oh! Your up. I'll go get Lady Artemis." She said before zipping the front shut and leaving me alone. I waited for about 10 minutes before she returned with Artemis.

"You may leave Elizabeth." Artemis said. Elizabeth bowed and walked out. "So I see the wolf is finally awake. Or should I call you werewolf?" She said drawing her bow and notching an arrow.