Part eight

It had been three months since the phone call officially ending Drew and Danny's romantic relationship. At last, Drew's prayers were answered. But not in the way he wanted them to be. At 8h in the morning, Drew heard a loud knock on the door. He wondered he could be knocking at that hour and most importantly, who would want to see him without calling before. The half asleep man grunted and walked to the door to answer. At first, he thought he was hallucinating but after he heard him talk, Drew was sure this was reality. Danny was actually at his front door. His ex boyfriend said:
"Hey... are you gonna like... let me in or what?"
"...oh... sorry... yeah come on in. Make yourself at home."
"Thanks"
Danny sat down on his old couch. He really missed that place. Drew offered him a drink but he refused since he had plans later that afternoon. Danny just wanted to talk for a bit. He then said:
"It's been a while, old friend!"
"Yeah... you know, I really was and still am super sorry! I shouldn't..."
"It's okay Drew! All has been forgiven anyways. We should just start over."
"Yes! Totally! I won't take that chance to redeem myself for granted."
"Ha ha! You haven't chance a bit! We've got a lot of catching up to do."
"Of course."
"Anyways, I found myself a new appartement. It's kinda close by so I can still visit you guys easily."
"That's great!"
"Also, I met someone! She is so awesome and kind. I can't believe we are actually dating! Her name is Laura."
That sentence stabbed Drew in the stomach. Danny had found someone else. He actually moved on. Why? Drew really believed that Danny had come so that they could start their romantic relationship over again not just friendship. Of course, Danny couldn't love him in that way anymore after the terrible act he had committed. Even though he knew he deserved it, Drew still felt heart broken and betrayed. He tried to keep a straight face but it was hard. After an hour of chitchat, Danny had to go to prepare himself for his date with Laura. It left Drew thinking. This meant that he too had to  move on. Drew couldn't wait for Danny anymore, that would be extremely toxic. Maybe, just maybe, he would find someone else who will love him just as much as Danny seems to love Laura.

Three years later...

Today was Danny's happiest day. He was about to live the rest of his life with his wonderful fiancée. The ceremony was about to begin. After months of preparations, it was official. Laura and Danny were getting married on this wonderful day, the 24th of June. Drew, on the other hand, was a bit sad but pretty hyped. Who wouldn't be happy when their best friend gets married to the woman he loves? He was also going to be the best man. Drew was dressed fancy, of course. He had a pretty black tuxedo, black pants, a white shirt, a red tie and black shoes. Pretty basic but perfect. Everybody was ready, only the bride was missing. Suddenly, the music started and Laura started to walk the aisle looking astonishing. She was holding the hand of an older man, probably her father. Danny looked so happy and a tear started to form in the corner of his eye. The priest started to talk after Laura arrived.
"We are here today to celebrate the union between these lovers, Danny and Laura. You may exchange your vows."
"I, Danny Gonzalez, promise to keep you, Laura, safe and happy. I will be there in sickness and health, through good days and bad ones too. I shall live a happy life full of love with you. I will always love you till death does us appart."
Laura had a huge smile. Everyone in the room was either shedding tears of happiness or had a huge grin on their face.
"My dear Danny, I will forever love you. When you will feel sick, sad, stressed or angry, I will hold you and make everything better. If I have togo somewhere for work or something else, I will miss you and think of you. You are my everything and I will be there for you till death does us appart."
"Well then, do you, Danny, take Laura as your beloved wife to cherish and love?"
"I do!"
"And do you, Laura, take Danny to be your beloved husband to cherish and love?"
"I do"
"If anyone opposes, you may speak now."
The room went quiet. No one said a thing.
"Well then, with the power pronounced in me, I now declare you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride."
Danny and Laura kissed passionately. Everyone clapped and cheered for the new married couple. The celebrations began. The night was great. Except at the end. Drew received a call from an unknown number. He answered not knowing what was awaiting him. The unknown person said:
"Hello, is this Drew Gooden?"
"Yes... who is this?"
"I am the captain of the unit 39 that went to fight in Afghanistan. We have news about Amanda."
"Really! Is she okay?"
"We thought she was dead but actually, we found her finally unconscious. We think she got hit a few hours before we found her by some unknown object. She may need surgery so we are transferring her to a hospital in the U.S."
"She's alive! Oh thank god! Where will she be transferred?"
"At Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center."
"I'm coming right away thank you!"
Drew hang up and ran to his car. Direction the hospital!