(Le sad chapter) :>

"GET HIM THROUGH!"

"HE'S BEEN SHOT, MOVE MOVE!!"

"KILLER!!"

*1 hour earlier*

[On the surface, at a rather large carnival event]

"Heyyy how come you get more than me?" Killer whined slightly as Nightmare(in passive form) took a mouthful of cotton candy. Nightmare only chuckled.  "You're cute when you whine like that~"  The taller skeleton pecked his love on the cheek. "Whatever.." Killer crossed his arms stubbornly and hid the bright red blush on his face. Well, tried too. Nightmare nuzzled Killer's neck, which Killer gave in and purred slightly. Nightmare noticed a woman and her child staring at them. The woman muttered something, but Nightmare seemed to understand. He walked over to the lady and told her off. "Got a problem or somethin? Or you too busy with your head up your ass to figure out that monsters live with ya now?" The lady didn't say anything, grabbed her child's hand and walked away. The kid turned and made a waving motion. Suddenly, Killer appeared next to Nightmare and grabbed his arm lightly. "You coulda' put that into nicer words babe." Killer looked up at Nightmare, who sighed and sat on a bench. Killer rested his head on the taller's shoulder. "Try and take you out to have fun, and I fuck it up with my temper..." Nightmare muttered bitterly. Killer hugged Nightmare, "Hey, it's okay, it's okay, I'm still having fun with you, 'sides, you look so cute when your flustered." Killer added with a soft smile. "So, wanna get up and try again?" Killer stood up and smiled, urging his boyfriend to put his temper and past aside. "Alright, only for you though." Nightmare added, standing up. Killer reached up and kissed him deeply. He pulled away and said, "Thank you." Before pecking him and seeing what else they could do.  While Nightmare was looking, Killer took this as a chance to get a little payback. He stood up on his toes a little bit and took a huge mouthful of cotton candy.  Nightmare turned, shocked. "Oh, that's how it's gonna be~?" (*insert lenny face*) Nightmare leaned down, and lat hed his teeth onto the smallers, and fought for dominance. Killer lost, of course, but Nightmare soon backed away. "Still tastes sweet~" He teased. Nothing could ruin their night. Or so they thought. Suddenly, a wave of people, humans and monsters started flooding the other direction, pushing eachother out of the way franticly. BAM BAM. Gunshots fired, and without a seconds hesitation, Nightmare picked Killer up and bolted, following the crowd to safety. Someone pushed Nightmare over, and both he and Killer went tumbling to the ground. Nightmare was kicked in the face as people swarmed by. "KILLER!? WHERE ARE YOU!?" Nightmare managed to get up. Through the ground of people, he saw the smaller, protecting a small human child as people stampeded past. Nightmare managed to get to Killer, pick the chuld up and lead Killer along with the crowd. The number of people started to die down, but gunshots were still heard. Another shot was heard, and Killer tumbled to the ground, almost like a ragdoll. "KILLER!!" Nightmare practically dropped the child, who ran off with the crowd, but Nightmare skidded to his love's side. "Killer, Killer look at me, LOOK AT ME, okay come on stay with me baby come on!" Nightmare huddled around Killer's limp body.

[Present]

Doctors bolted through the doors, Killer on a stretcher and being wheeled through, Nightmare right on their heels. He was beside the bed and they wheeled him through more doors and hallways. "Come on baby, please, you can make it, please." Nightmare pleaded to his lover's unconscious body.

[1 hour later]

A doctor came out of the room. Nightmare instantly stood up, "How is he????" He asked franticly. The doctor rested on a hand on Nightmare's shoulder. "...Sir...I'm so sorry."

(Soooo I sorta liked how this one came out. It was only 650- something words. Welp, sorry that it was so depressing but hey, I kinda like the idea of making my own one shots. Hope you liked it. ;w:)