Chapter 2

For My Family
Lover's Quarrel

~ BTYB Ozpin's scheming ~

In a rather old warehouse, a stolen aircraft was docked off within the main storage facility of the building. But as soon as the doors of the vehicle's cargo bay had opened, a ginger man was thrown out while clutching tightly to his hat and cane.

Crashing into one of the many crates, the man had broken the crate, making various crystals spread across the ground.

Roman: Come on!

Cinder: How did a little girl stop you!?

Walking out of the cargo bay, Cinder stomped angrily toward Roman with her heels only intensifying the situation. When she was right in front of the man, she grabbed him by the collar, making his feet drag across the floor.

Roman: Give me a break!

Cinder: Why should I?

Roman: That stupid boyfriend of yours got in the way!

Once she had heard the word, boyfriend, something inside of Cinder had snapped. Throwing Roman into a wall this time, she had formed a fireball within her palm while she used the other to grab an orange Dust crystal that had been scattered across the floor.

Cinder: Don't lie to me.

Roman: If I was lying to you, I'd never tell you.

Hearing his words, Cinder had only flared the heat that was encapsulated within her hand.

Roman: Look, we still got some Dust. Plus, there's plenty of other places I can go to.

Releasing the flames that were kept in her palm, Cinder carelessly threw the crystal away, letting it hit the ground without the slightest amount of caution. Starting to walk away, she kept her back to Roman and continued to walk out of the storage facility.

Cinder: Clean this mess up.

Leaving Roman to take care of her mess once again, Cinder started her way through one of the many hallways until she heard a faint thud from behind her. Turning around, she had recognized immediately who was leaning against the wall.

He had the white Grimm mask as per usual but kept a relaxed appearance without any form of armor. Instead, he simply wore a black muscle shirt lined with red, showing off his three scars. The first of which was a slash across his abdomen, specifically across his bottom two abs. The second was a bullet wound on his chest. Finally, he had five faint scratches across his back.

Cinder: What are you doing here?

She received no answer.

Cinder: You ruined my plans again.

(Y/N): You attacked my family.

With the ever-present click of her heels, Cinder grabbed the front of (Y/N)'s shirt, barely making him move but still making a point.

Cinder: That was Roman.

She tried to correct him, hoping it would get herself out of any trouble. Though he didn't even move, he just stood there, looking down to her. It made her sick.

Cinder: If you're going to hurt someone, hurt him.

(Y/N): I never said anything about hurting anyone.

Cinder: Then what are you going to do?

No answer. Talking to him was as almost as frustrating as talking to Neo. Keyword being almost.

Cinder: Are you going to answer me?

He just stared at her. She just wanted to punch him in the face.

And she was about to, but he stopped her. But all he had to do to stop her was take off his mask.

It's not like his face was extraordinary or anything, but his strong features and the scar going across his chin to his right cheek would stop anyone. That effect was mostly due to his mask though, after all, he had worn it almost constantly.

(Y/N): You gave me this one, right?

This time, she was the one without words. All Cinder could do was try to push out the old memories, but it was to no avail.

(Y/N): You plan to take those powers, but you have no idea what kind of pain power will bring.

Again, she didn't speak a word, she only listened. He was right in a way, to get her powers, she had to kill someone else, and even then, she had yet to gain all of the powers she had worked for.

Now, her only lead to the rest of her power was to break into Beacon, but that can only go so well. Especially with the new batch of students joining the academy.

Cinder: I don't care. I'm going to get those powers.

(Y/N): Fine, just don't mess with my family.

Finally, she had let go of his shirt and just stood looking into his red eyes. She had recognized his threat and the stern yet protective look in his eyes, the kind a parent would have for their child.

Cinder: And if I do?

At this point, she was just testing him, knowing that he wouldn't kill her at the very least.

(Y/N): I'll hurt you three times as much as you hurt them.

Cinder: Only three?

Raising an eyebrow, (Y/N) took his turn to test Cinder, keeping quiet once again.

Cinder: Fine. I won't lay a finger on them.

(Y/N): Will you say the same for your faction?

Scoffing, Cinder had hoped he wouldn't catch her choice of words, but he had done so with ease.

Cinder: Yes, now, do we have a deal?

(Y/N): Sure, Cindy.

Stepping back, Cinder extended her hand to him, planning to close the deal by shaking hands. But (Y/N) had other plans.

Making his eyes glow, he grabbed Cinder's hand and jerked her closer to him once more before sealing their deal with a short-lived kiss. Releasing the hold he had on her, Cinder only stared into his glowing eyes, ignoring the fact that most of his body had glowed the same color.

(Y/N): See you soon, hot stuff.

And with that, he disappeared in a small burst of red energy, making his ability work faster than last time.

Which left Cinder alone, with only the kiss on her mind. It wasn't the first kiss she shared with him, but it was quite sudden, something she wouldn't have expected from the man.

Bringing her hand up, she touched her lips before she moved her hand down to tug at a string around her neck. The necklace she was wearing held a single pendant. A wing with a clock at its base.

Cinder: That idiot.

Stuffing the pendant into her dress, Cinder walked away to her room, her thoughts wandering to a dangerous place.

But little did anyone know, Neo had used her illusions to hide and record the moment. Now, she ran off to share it with both Emerald and Mercury, while a small smile was on her face the entire time.

~ BTYB Neo silently giggling ~

A/N: As always, I hoped you enjoyed. I'm going to deviate from the canon storyline, but I'll return to it at certain times. Either way, here's the start of the Cinder romance, it may not have been much, but it exists nonetheless.

Do you like (Y/N) and Cinder so far?