Chapter 4

For My Family
The Mission

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2D4A4x2

~ Back At Beacon... ~

After the first day of classes, Team CVFY had already gotten bored of another year at Beacon, especially since they weren't allowed to take a mission until after the first week had gone by. It was a boring policy but still an important one.

Now the team had retreated to their new team dorm to hide away from the teachers and their classes. But in the end, they had started to relax within the room, hardly doing anything productive.

Coco had started to read the latest fashion magazine. Velvet finished her homework before looking over the pictures she had taken. Fox was going through basic fighting stances that resembled boxing. And finally, Yatsuhashi was meditating to pass the time.

In the midst of the peaceful team, someone called Coco on her scroll.

Coco: Hello?

Glynda: Miss Adel, please bring yourself and your team to the headmaster's office as soon as possible.

Leaving the fashionista with only that message, Coco placed her magazine on her bed before looking at her team, who had already dropped what they had been doing.

Coco: Let's go, team.

Making their way through the hallways of Beacon and past the dorms of newly acquainted teams, the food-orientated team had arrived in Ozpin's office after a very familiar and very antagonizing long elevator ride to the top of Beacon's watchtower.

Within the office, Glynda stood beside Ozpin's desk with her tablet held closely while Ozpin looked at the team with his mug held tightly.

Ozpin: Team CVFY, I have an urgent mission for you.

Pausing for a moment, Ozpin took ahold of a large vanilla folder on his desk while Glynda brought up a few files on her tablet and showed them to the team.

Ozpin: I have a very important message for Haven's headmaster. But due to such late notice and the privacy of this message, I would prefer to send some of my most trusted students instead of a licensed Hunter or Huntress.

Fox: This file... What's on it exactly?

Ozpin: I can't tell you the full details.

Fox: At least tell us how important it is.

Ozpin: The information is of potential threats to the academies. If it is not delivered or is taken, then it places our students in danger.

Coco: Why couldn't you just send it through an encrypted email or something?

Glynda: If it is encrypted, there is a greater possibility this information will get out. Especially if we send it over communication servers.

Ozpin: Is that all of your questions so far?

Once the team had nodded, Ozpin opened the folder in front of him to reveal three packets, each for a different person and any record on them.

Ozpin: While you're on Anima, watch out for (Y/N) Branwen. He's not professionally trained but has taken out numerous Hunters and Huntresses to intercept data and gather high-grade equipment.

Glynda: But if you do encounter him, be wary since he can teleport anyway where he has placed his family's emblem, a wing with a sundial.

Looking over at the young man's file, he had done many crimes and stolen priceless equipment and information from nearly anything. Whether it was from a person, train, or even a Bullhead.

But alongside his file were two others. One for Yang Xiao Long and the other for Ruby Rose.

Yatsuhashi: Professor, what are the other two files for?

Ozpin: These are first-year students at Beacon and both are related to (Y/N).

Glynda: Before you wonder why this even matters, (Y/N) has a history of protecting his family above everything else, so if you encounter him, be wary of harming these two. Though you may speak to them if you'd like, only Miss Xiao Long would have any information about him.

A moment of silence filled the office as the team of four looked over the information they had been given. Of course, the specific warning about (Y/N) had put them on edge, but it seemed that it was their primary concern as of the moment.

Ozpin: Are you all ready?

Glancing at the rest of her team, Coco saw them nod to her.

Coco: We're ready, professor.

Glynda: Very well. A Bullhead is prepared to take you to Anima, and from there, you will board a passenger train and pose as passengers or Huntsmen hired as guards.

Ozpin: And here is the drive. Remember, it's for the headmaster's eyes only.

Handing Coco a small suitcase, Ozpin took a sip from his mug before Glynda led the team away. The team was guided to a Bullhead that seemed mostly empty save for the pilots.

Throughout their trip, the group started to plan out whose job would be to do what and contingency plans. It was finally decided that Velvet and Fox would pose as hired Huntsmen while Coco and Yatsuhashi would pose as a traveling couple, though the latter's sword might make that difficult.

After a few hours of flying through the sky, the Bullhead had landed and the team of four had been given directions to a passenger train heading toward Mistral. It hadn't taken them long to get tickets and board the train, but it was a bit odd when Velvet had spotted soldiers in the distance.

Nonetheless, each pair of two assimilated into their roles. Coco and Yatsuhashi had seated themselves in the closest passenger car to the conductor, hoping that would give them a chance to get help and avoid any potential encounters.

Meanwhile, Velvet and Fox through each cabin, getting a few odd looks from passengers, particularly toward Velvet. Some had even doubted her ability as a Huntress due to her only visible weapon being a camera.

By the time an hour had passed, the group had set down their guard and just passed the time by talking and watching the passengers. But, all of a sudden, there was a thunk heard above the pair.

Velvet and Fox grew on high alert, especially when they had noticed an arrow that had pierced the cabin roof with only its head poking through.

Fox: Velvet, don't be afraid to let loose.

Velvet: Okay.

With his weapons ready, Fox jumped up and pulled the arrow through the roof, barely making the hole bigger. And before analyzing the projectile, he pulled the roof together, reducing the hole to a mere crack.

Fox: Velvet, try to find anything interesting on this arrow.

When she was given the arrow, Velvet looked over it, seeing it with a simple iron shaft and nock, but the fletching was made from feathers. The final part, the arrowhead, was made of steel with a symbol carved into each of the head's three sides.

Carved into the steel arrowhead was a wing with a sundial. A clear premonition of what was to come next.

Velvet: Fox!

The Faunus girl had thrown the arrow away from her as she called out to her teammate, who was already facing her.

Fox: What's wrong?

Without answering, Velvet looked toward the arrow she had thrown away. Standing there, a man in a black trenchcoat held the arrow that was in his spot.

Stowing the arrow within his coat, he stood there and adjusted his mask, making sure everyone present could see his illuminated red eyes, that seemed to stare into their very souls.

(Y/N): Where's the drive?