Chapter 3

For My Family
Mother And Son

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2D4A4x2

~ BTYB Cinder and (Y/N) Make Out Session ~

The continent of Anima held many different cities and villages. The most notable of which was Mistral which held the continent's academy, Haven. Despite this, the continent was still home to a group of bandits called the Branwen tribe, led by a single Huntress.

This very Huntress was simply relaxing on a couch, waiting for someone. Raven sat there with all her equipment on, prepared for the fight she knew would be coming. Yet the thought almost made her smile.

Out of nowhere, a small red orb of energy formed and quickly expanding into the shape of a body in the blink of an eye, all thanks to years of training. But once that layer of energy was dispersed, Raven could clearly see (Y/N)'s back and the scar across it.

(Y/N): You waited for me?

Raven: Why wouldn't I?

(Y/N): Because you're a lousy mother.

Raven: At least you don't lie to me.

(Y/N): Well, saying you're the best mom I could have just felt wrong.

Getting a short-lived chuckle out of Raven, (Y/N) turned around and faced his mother, towering over her by a mere two inches, not much but he didn't point it out. After all, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

In near perfect synchronicity, both of them rested their dominant hand on the chamber at their side, both similar in design, but one held blades while the other held sheathes filled with dust.

Raven: Time for a test?

(Y/N): Let me get my stuff.

In a short matter of minutes, Raven left the main tent and ordered the bandits to clear out the center of the camp. Meanwhile, (Y/N) entered his small room and grabbed his set of armor.

Though it was hardly armor compared to what Atlas used. All he had put on was a black trenchcoat going down to his ankles along with a crimson red belt to hold it tightly around his waist. Then, he traded out his current footwear for a pair of combat boots and slipped on a pair of black gloves.

Deciding that was enough, he walked out of the large tent with his left arm resting on the rotary chamber. Upon seeing him, all the bandits hurried to the edge of the camp, already knowing what would be coming next.

Raven: Ready?

(Y/N): Always

Without any other warning, the two unsheathed their blades and charged at each other, clashing at the center of the camp and letting a few stray sparks fly. At the same time, the mother and son titled their blade and made a slash toward their right before leaping to their left.

Neither had sustained any damage but remained stoic and calm while they prepared their next attack. Just standing there, neither of the two made a move and continued to ready their blade, but as soon as (Y/N)'s eyes started to glow, Raven charged forward and slashed at him, only for him to disappear.

Reappearing behind her, (Y/N) swung his sword at her back only for Raven to block his strike with the armor on her forearm. Jumping back, he slid his sword back into his sheath and Raven did the same.

Hearing the chambers click, both of them unleashed a slash sending electricity toward the other, but the two attacks just canceled each other out. Following up that attack, Raven charged forward once more with her blade ready to slash diagonally.

Changing up his fighting style, (Y/N) slammed his sword into the ground while it was still coated with Electric Dust. Grabbing tightly on that sword, he leaped out of the way of Raven's attack before using his Semblance and shooting out of the pommel of his blade, allowing him to punch his mother in the gut.

Not stopping the fight, he grabbed his sword and threw it toward her, only for the blade to be knocked away with ease. Raising his fists, he waited as Raven switched out her blade for a green one.

When the blade had clicked in, both of them charged forward. But Raven's quickdraw was faster than (Y/N)'s speed, leading to a slash of Wind Dust to be sent flying in his path. Luckily, he teleported out of the way and reappeared next to his sword, allowing him to pick it up.

Raven: Last Move.

Those words were their signal, letting (Y/N) know it was time to end the match, but not without a big finish.

Pressing a button on his rotary chamber, he switched the sheath before sliding his sword into the chamber. Raven did the same, allowing her to change her blade to match the next attack.

(Y/N): Quickdraw.

Immediately, both of them charged and drew their swords with superhuman speed, but both of their blades clashed with the same elemental Dust, sending a small shockwave around the area and making a small circle of ice around them.

Feeling the force of their head-on attacks, the two were pushed back and broke the ring of ice that had surrounded them. Luckily, their aura patched up any wounds that they might've taken from the impact.

Getting up, the two walked up to each other. Unsurprisingly, they shook each other's hands, a show of sportsmanship albeit still scary to the bandits that had watched their 'spar'.

Raven: You've gotten faster with your Semblance. Good.

(Y/N): Long distances are still troublesome though.

Raven: You're 17, give yourself a break.

(Y/N): But the world doesn't wait for you, it keeps moving. You told me that one, right?

Raven: I did.

Cutting the conversation short, the two left the bandits with the job of cleaning the mess up while they went back into the tent, just sitting down before breaking out a bottle of red wine. (Y/N) poured each of them a glass before setting his weapon down and sitting in a chair.

(Y/N): What's next?

Raven: A mission. So, don't drink too much.

Quickly downing the rest of his glass, (Y/N) set it aside and just unrolled the map that was at the table. The map was a vital part of the camp's operations, especially since most of the planning happened there.

Raven: There's a train leaving Vale and heading to Mistral. Intercept it at night when it's closer to our location.

(Y/N): What am I looking for?

Raven: There's a data hard drive, copy all the information on it. Then, leave and try not to leave any witnesses.

(Y/N): Sounds easy enough. But what's on this hard drive?

Raven: Ozpin's files. The kind of stuff he's only letting the headmasters of each academy know, so he's not risking sending it over Vale's communication servers.

(Y/N): I'm guessing it's because Ruby is attending Beacon and Cinder showed herself to Glynda.

Raven: It's highly probable.

(Y/N): I'm gonna get some sleep.

With her son out of earshot, Raven poured herself some more wine as she looked at her palms.

Raven: Qrow's watching over Ruby and Yang. Trouble's bound to follow.

~ BTYB Lurking Qrow ~

A/N: I just realized, I'm not making (Y/N) have a corvid (bird) form since that was a magic thing and I don't want to mess with magic. But this will stray away from canon storyline a lot, hopefully, there aren't too many things that go wrong with it.